• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Thanks for posting this. I watched the entire thing. I would like to know what our Indiana representatives position on this are. It seems that only a few states, the ones that do not allow CCW at all would fight this.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am against it. I think it will lead to more government regulation against our right to bear arms if it passes. I think the only was to go is the way Vermont, Alaska and Arizona are doing it.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Oppositions Argument displayed an Indiana pink license citing - easily altered

I do think the opposition argument on a few issues is valid. Indiana's permit could be easily altered. It is only a matter of time where a violent offender forges a pink license and then open carries and commits a terrible crime. Also, out of state LEO's need to have some easier method validating legit LTCH holders. I do not want Indiana to receive a black eye because of 1970's style document.

Yes, most any document can forged, heck, folks try to print $100 bills, but a reasonable and official looking license would be a better idea. 99% of time most INGO members would argue for less intrusion. But when I am in Michigan, a local LEO should have a reasonable and official document to validate an Indiana LTCH without extensive research.

If we continue to see more states adopt CCW’s, there will be an outcry for a federal regulation, similar to a Commercial Drivers License. This type of federal license solved a lot of problems (and created a few more.) But overall, reckless commercial drivers have a difficult time bending to the rules, like DWI. Older readers can remember this problem where many drivers had 4 or more state licenses. As far as weapons carry, I cringe that we would see a federal regulation, in fact I fear this idea. It just seems like a logical step that our government would follow.

With all this in mind, don’t forget to renew your NRA.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The thing is, that's a baldfaced lie to say that they can't check it, there's no database. It's true there's no national database (that we know of) of permits, licenses, etc., but each state maintains it's own. In this digital age, I can't imagine that checking a permit/license could possibly take more than five minutes, and I'm being generous with that.

If I'm mistaken and some current LEO out there has data to the contrary, please post it. Thanks!

Blessings,
    Bill

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am against it. I think it will lead to more government regulation against our right to bear arms if it passes. I think the only was to go is the way Vermont, Alaska and Arizona are doing it.

I'd rep you for that but I'm out. Where are the States' Rights folks on this?

Top Bottom