• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Doesn't seem like it applies to all veterans, but those deemed unworthy by the government. Still going to disarm many of them because the feds are deciding who is and who isn't allowed to own. Anyone claiming depression or PTSD will more than likely lose their 2A rights is my guess.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Eleminating the opposition is a good way to win the game.
    Tinfoil hat time:
    Disarm the resistance, stack the odds in your favor.....
    DHS stocking up, disarming Americans every chance they get.
    I'm not drawing conclusions here but IF I were playing chess or planning out a strategy I'd be setting up my pieces to win the game.
    Put all the pieces in place then make your move.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It looks like it said those deemed incompetent. Did not see how or who would make that determination. That same thing holds true for all of us, if someone deems us incompetent we could lose further rights as well.

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I'm in process of trying to confirm if this is legit or not. I sent it to SOFREP. Those guys are really good at tracking stuff down. It looks real, but I don't believe anything anymore. I'll post if I hear back.
    InfraRed Out

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    It is my understanding that vets were not told about this when they filed claims. Thus they are deemed mentally not fit to carry firearms.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It looks like it said those deemed incompetent. Did not see how or who would make that determination. That same thing holds true for all of us, if someone deems us incompetent we could lose further rights as well.

Soon, being a registered Republican will make you incompetent to own a weapon.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    “A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”

People....stop the panic. This has been the law for a while. The VA cannot make a determination of competency. That is something that only a court can do upon notice and the presentation of evidence and the opportunity to rebut said evidence.

This is simply a notice of what the law is. It is not a notification that any person has been or will be deemed incompetent.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    People....stop the panic. This has been the law for a while. The VA cannot make a determination of competency. That is something that only a court can do upon notice and the presentation of evidence and the opportunity to rebut said evidence.

This is simply a notice of what the law is. It is not a notification that any person has been or will be deemed incompetent.

+1, incompetency decisions are made by a judge

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Look for the list of prohibited people who were never adjudicated as mentally unstable to continue to grow.

The V.A. declared Wayne Irelan incompetent and now his right to own a gun is gone.

misleading because V.A. does not declare anybody incompetent but still...he was deemed buy a judge incompetent

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Immigration laws have been the law for some time. And look what this admin has done to them via EXECUTIVE ORDERS. Just because a law haasn't changed, doesn't mean this admin's approach to it hasn't.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The V.A. declared Wayne Irelan incompetent and now his right to own a gun is gone.

misleading because V.A. does not declare anybody incompetent but still...he was deemed buy a judge incompetent
    Mr. Irelan was never adjudicated as incompetent. The VA notified the BATFU, not a judge.

Top Bottom