• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I tried to search to find the thread but no luck. I remember reading on here a while back about someone who was making vault doors that could go into an opening in 8 inch thick concrete. I think the door cost around 1500 bucks. At least that's the most I can afford to spend when I build the house and am kicking around the idea of having a vault poured in with the basement. Anybody got any links as to how these things are installed and perhaps one to where I can purchase the door for 1500 or less?

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Orions in Clarksville has a couple.

Been thinking about excavating under the front porch and putting in a vault door. That should be about 30' long and 10' wide.
    Not buying anymore safes, so I guess I have to quit buying guns... For now.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    by the way who is the "he" you guys keep talking about. when I called I mentioned INGO and the lady just said ........"ok"......... like she had never heard of us. who is the person I should ask for to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I like the black swamp security... mechanical lock, not battery powered, and pour in capability. seems like it would be error proof if I pour it in, and much more secure. I only wonder what their shipping charges would end up being.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I would pick a general contractor who has built more than one vault. There are plenty of considerations regarding ventilation, lighting and dehumidifying. Any brand name vault door should do. I know folks who had a vault built and they installed individual safes inside. That gives another layer of protection.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I would pick a general contractor who has built more than one vault. There are plenty of considerations regarding ventilation, lighting and dehumidifying. Any brand name vault door should do. I know folks who had a vault built and they installed individual safes inside. That gives another layer of protection.

I like the idea of a basement room with individual safe/safes . It allows the "vault room" to be big enough to be used as a storm shelter. The outer door can be a heavy door, perhaps "fire-rated", but doesn't need to be a true vault door.

Top Bottom