VA hospital in Fort Wayne? parking question.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hi folks,

I know that CC at the VA hospitals is a big NO NO. I have to work at the Fort Wayne VA on Wednesday. I think that the Park View campus is near by and I can walk over to the VA with my tools and such. It has been about a year since I have worked up in that area and do not remember much about the parking layout. Driving from Indy to FW I do not want to leave the gun behind if possible.

Does anyone know the area and where I could park the Jeep with my gun locked inside?

Thanks,
    James

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Just East of Parkview off of State St. is Crew St. Turn South on Crew and head down to the VA and you will see a parking garage at the Heart Pavilion. It is free parking there and should provide some level of security having your vehicle off the street and out of sight. Other than that you will have to park at the VA or pay an all-day ticket at Parkview.

Scott

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Parkview's quite a hump to the VA, especially if you're carrying tools and stuff.

There's parking in front of the building, I think, and also parking beside and behind the physical plant.

Depending on where you're working, you could also short-time park near the loading dock...

Why not hide your piece somewhere in your vehicle and secure it before you get to the VA, then park there as normal?

I don't see the VA cops searching you, a vendor or maintenance person, for a firearm.

What they don't know won't hurt 'em anyhow...

vafortwaynerj4.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Agree. Wouldn't want to hump tools from Parkview to VA, but Parkview's garage is now free. Or, it was the last time I was there anyway.

Top Bottom