• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Uvalde school's classrooms lacked a basic security feature — and it’s missing across America
    The classroom doors at Robb Elementary could not be locked from the inside. That's a vulnerability school safety experts have been warning about for decades.

Apparently, the classroom doors could only be locked from the outside, and the only way to verify they were locked was from the hallway side. :rolleyes:
    The lack of that feature could have saved those kids lives if action had been promptly taken.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Uvalde school's classrooms lacked a basic security feature — and it’s missing across America
    The classroom doors at Robb Elementary could not be locked from the inside. That's a vulnerability school safety experts have been warning about for decades.

Apparently, the classroom doors could only be locked from the outside, and the only way to verify they were locked was from the hallway side. :rolleyes:

I can imagine the Schools do not want the Kids in the Classroom LOCKING the Teacher out of the Room --

Simple Solution -- Teachers have Keys on lanyard around Neck -
    Lock them IN when Class is in Session

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Keep in mind any of these tools designed to help stop an active shooter could also potential be exploited by someone intent on doing harm. If someone were to hack into the system, they could deploy the measures in advance of their attack to cause even more confusion and chaos for the intended targets.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be thinking creatively, but this is a problem security and access control companies have been exploring for decades now. Add to that the fact that these incidents are statistically extremely rare. (I know, it's not the odds but the stakes).

I worked for a security technologies company for a while and we were always seeing "inventors" pitching hardware designed to help barricade doors. The problem with almost all of them was that someone (a teacher) had to get near the door and put themselves at risk to physically deploy them, or there was the risk that if a teacher left the room, a student could deploy it and lock the teacher out, essentially having free reign to do whatever they wanted to other students.

I say that all because we do need to weigh whether the "solutions" have potential to cause more harm than good. My old company makes remote electronic locks that can be activated just by pushing a button on a key fob the teacher has. That allows for near instant lockdown and the teacher doesn't have to get near the door.

A good first step would be to install these on every classroom door.

Bump

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    CO-220 is a standalone classroom lockdown solution that enables the immediate lockdown of up to ten CO-200s within range should an emergency arise. Using a remote fob worn by the teacher, lockdown can occur within 2 seconds of pressing the fob button. An LED visual indicator on the lock signals lockdown status so that teacher and students can keep at a distance from the door. This provides a code compliant solution that always enables free egress even in lockdown mode.

WP_10140_SC_CO-220_Series.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What a disaster
    I saw them keep bringing the shields, but they don't do a helluva lot of good when you set them on the floor and don't use them. Maybe they should have handed them out to the parents that wanted to go in. Seems like somebody should've gotten some use out of them. The Uvalde cops sure had no intentions of doing so.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I saw them keep bringing the shields, but they don't do a helluva lot of good when you set them on the floor and don't use them. Maybe they should have handed them out to the parents that wanted to go in. Seems like somebody should've gotten some use out of them. The Uvalde cops sure had no intentions of doing so.
    They didn't seem to have a sense of urgency in that clip.

It did answer my question about if there were windows though. I guess there may still have been some exterior windows.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They didn't seem to have a sense of urgency in that clip.

It did answer my question about if there were windows though. I guess there may still have been some exterior windows.
    Not to mention that none of the classroom doors could even be locked, so their whole BS story about having to wait for someone to breach the door to the "killing classroom" was just that. BS. Buncha ****ing cowardly p*****s. They all need to eat a bullet.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Not to mention that none of the classroom doors could even be locked, so their whole BS story about having to wait for someone to breach the door to the "killing classroom" was just that. BS. Buncha ****ing cowardly p*****s. They all need to eat a bullet.
    Seems to be multiple things that are not true in this. Likely will never know the actual truth at this point.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

This right here. ^^^^^^^^

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This right here. ^^^^^^^^
    In this case I hope they LITERALLY eat a bullet ala Corporal Klinger and it hurts all the way out.

Top Bottom