Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The gun grabbers like to use terms like "Assault weapons" or "Weapons of war" to describe an AR and thus no one should be allowed to possess them.

I reject that characterization because my AR's are neither.

I do not use them as such.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The gun grabbers like to use terms like "Assault weapons" or "Weapons of war" to describe an AR and thus no one should be allowed to possess them.

I reject that characterization because my AR's are neither.

I do not use them as such.

Muskets were weapons of war, your grandfather's bolt action was a weapon of war, a bow and arrow is a weapon of war.

I don't think trying to pretend a rifle isn't used in war is a winning strategy, it's a pointless argument and is kowtowing towards "but the 2A is for hunting."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Muskets were weapons of war, your grandfather's bolt action was a weapon of war, a bow and arrow is a weapon of war.

I don't think trying to pretend a rifle isn't used in war is a winning strategy, it's a pointless argument and is kowtowing towards "but the 2A is for hunting."
    Don't try and suggest that I am kowtowing towards anything by misinterpreting my point. I reject the argument that the "2A is strictly for hunting "or even owing an AR is strictly for that purpose because it's not. Just like anything else an AR can be used for good or bad. It's a matter of what the individual intends it to be.

`Look, I'm not trying to pretend anything, and I don't deny they can be and are used in the capacity that they describe, but my point in which you seem to be missing is that I and millions of others do not use them as such, therefore my/our ARs are not an "Assault Weapon" or a "Weapon of war".

You and I both know they are intentionally framing it in such a way by using those terms in that context to try and sway everyone into thinking that they cannot be used for anything other than initiating a murderous criminal assault or an act of war which is simply not true, and I reject their effort to do so.

Last edited:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Ted Williams just said on Fox News that an AR-15 only has one use. To kill people. He says you can't even eat an animal that is killed with one. I have no words.
    This is a quote from a comment on NextDoor:
    "give me one good reason why a civilian would need an AR15. I’m not referring to police or military. A reason other than “A2 rights”. You couldn’t eat the meat of an animal killed by an AR15, right?"

There are no words when the populace is this ignorant.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ted Williams just said on Fox News that an AR-15 only has one use. To kill people. He says you can't even eat an animal that is killed with one. I have no words.

Pisses me off every time they put that anti-gun SOB on the air. He only gets called in for commentary when there is a shooting like this or something of the sort. They need to find someone else. :xmad:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Well it is pretty underpowered for hunting.
    Hard to eat something when it runs a mile before dying.

The right of gun ownership isn't to kill animals, it's to kill people who are trying to kill you.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Don't try and suggest that I am kowtowing towards anything by misinterpreting my point. I reject the argument that the "2A is strictly for hunting "or even owing an AR is strictly for that purpose because it's not. Just like anything else an AR can be used for good or bad. It's a matter of what the individual intends it to be.

`Look, I'm not trying to pretend anything, and I don't deny they can be and are used in the capacity that they describe, but my point in which you seem to be missing is that I and millions of others do not use them as such, therefore my/our ARs are not an "Assault Weapon" or a "Weapon of war".

You and I both know they are intentionally framing it in such a way by using those terms in that context to try and sway everyone into thinking that they cannot be used for anything other than initiating a murderous criminal assault or an act of war which is simply not true, and I reject their effort to do so.
    I prefer, "Exactly which army uses the AR-15 or even the semi-auto AK in war?" and also, "Oh, the AR15 is only good for killing people? Then why do so many police departments, charged to protect and serve, have AR-pattern rifles?"

We as a society protect our President (when we have one), our Congress, our Supreme Court Justices (in some cases), our money, and the people who have it, with guns. We "protect" our children with little signs that describe an area as a "gun free zone" and call someone with a gun when that "protection" is proven useless.

I have to wonder how many criminals have seen the signs as they entered and said, "Gun free zone? Not anymore."

Blessings,
    Bill

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter