• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A quick glance shows West Virgina, South Carolina and Kansas in the Florida column for starters. FWIW Florida's license is the most recognized, not Utah's. I don't travel any farther west, so I've never been concerned about beyond that. Here are the two states reciprocity pages:

Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Division of Licensing, DOACS
    Utah Department of Public Safety

Sorry to tell you, Prometheus, but WV, SC, and KS are the three I mentioned that recognize only resident permits. If you hold a FL CCW and you live in Florida, WV will recognize it (they will recognize a resident UT as well, BTW). There are four other states that have similar criteria, but all four will recognize our IN LTC. (CO, NH, MI, and FL)

With a UT non-resident and an IN resident LTCH, there are, as I mentioned, 17 states in which you cannot legally carry. Those are CA, CT, HI, IL, IA, KS, ME, MD, MA, NE, NJ, NY, OR, RI, SC, WV, and WI. The 14 I didn't color in orange recognize no out of state permits at all and do not issue non-resident permits if they issue any permits at all.

I would be curious... Since FL issues non-resident CCWs and yet does not recognize non-resident CCWs issued by other states, if an IL resident had a FL CCW, could he or she carry in Florida?

Blessings,
    B

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Florida does not have resident permit or a non-resident permit. It is the same permit and Florida does not distinguish. The only requirement is your keep them updated on your address. So with respect to your IL resident holding a Florida CCW, they can carry in FL.

Sorry to tell you, Prometheus, but WV, SC, and KS are the three I mentioned that recognize only resident permits. If you hold a FL CCW and you live in Florida, WV will recognize it (they will recognize a resident UT as well, BTW). There are four other states that have similar criteria, but all four will recognize our IN LTC. (CO, NH, MI, and FL)

With a UT non-resident and an IN resident LTCH, there are, as I mentioned, 17 states in which you cannot legally carry. Those are CA, CT, HI, IL, IA, KS, ME, MD, MA, NE, NJ, NY, OR, RI, SC, WV, and WI. The 14 I didn't color in orange recognize no out of state permits at all and do not issue non-resident permits if they issue any permits at all.

I would be curious... Since FL issues non-resident CCWs and yet does not recognize non-resident CCWs issued by other states, if an IL resident had a FL CCW, could he or she carry in Florida?

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Florida does not have resident permit or a non-resident permit. It is the same permit and Florida does not distinguish. The only requirement is your keep them updated on your address. So with respect to your IL resident holding a Florida CCW, they can carry in FL.
    Sorry, HT, I should have been more clear. I was saying that since FL issues CCWs to people who are not residents of FL and since FL does not recognize CCWs/LTCs, whatever from states in which the holder does not reside, I was uncertain of the veracity of the answer you gave. I still have not checked this and don't know where I would start to do so. It doesn't really matter to me, however, because FL recognizes my IN LTC and the other 32 states that recognize my right to carry recognize either my IN or my UT (or in the cases of VT and AK, just the right itself), I just have 17 states to avoid. It was simply a conundrum created by, IMHO, too many laws. How much easier it would be to simply have all 50 states say that a violent criminal or an unsafe insane person will not be out in society, and those people who are are therefore by default, not restricted in their purchases. (other than by economics)

Thanks, however, for the reply.

Blessings,
    B

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    Mine came today

I was somewhat upset to read last week of the ones who had received theirs. I sent my paperwork in on the Monday following the class, then I got to thinking, I am on the other side of the state.(ha ha) After seeing how "fancy" Utah does theirs, it kinda puts Indiana's little pink paper to shame. Guess it dosen't make any diffrence how flashy one is over the other, right!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I was somewhat upset to read last week of the ones who had received theirs. I sent my paperwork in on the Monday following the class, then I got to thinking, I am on the other side of the state.(ha ha) After seeing how "fancy" Utah does theirs, it kinda puts Indiana's little pink paper to shame. Guess it dosen't make any diffrence how flashy one is over the other, right!

True. I do wonder why yours took that much longer, though. If your card was charged (or check cashed) the same day as the rest of us, 8/1, hell, it only takes a few hours to drive across the state. Still, you're within the 60 day window, so there really isn't a place for more than just a little grousing a la Yosemite Sam: "rassafrackin..."
    11062018_tml.gif

Glad to hear you got yours in. :thumbsup:

Blessings,
    B

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Congrats to all of the Utah-enabled newbs!

I jumped on the bandwagon last year. Since then, I've let my Florida CWP expire. I feel kinda naked even though I'm packin' a Utah CFP.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I did. I just can't round up enough people for my own class. Hopefully, another member will want to start a class, and I might be able to join.

Top Bottom