• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Mine goes out in this evenings mail. Let the wait begin.:popcorn2:
    I sent mine by priority mail today. :) Hiram, did you pay by check or card #? I'm told there used to be a method of tracking it online, but that seems to be gone now, so we're supposed to just use 60 days from the date the check was cashed or the card charged. If I've figured correctly, we're looking at 60 days being Sept. 20.

Anyone out there (from the last class?) get theirs already? How long did it take?

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My card was charged August 1. If they count 60 calendar days, I'll have my permit Sept 30. I also called them a week or so ago, and no, the online tracking tool we're told they used to have in place no longer exists. Oh well. 59 days to go! :rockwoot:

Blessings,
    B

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Yes, I hope it comes before Labor Day as I will be in Ohio again.

As for another license, I am on week number 7 for my C&R..... damn slow ass ATF.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yes, I hope it comes before Labor Day as I will be in Ohio again.

As for another license, I am on week number 7 for my C&R..... damn slow ass ATF.

It took me six weeks and change to get mine in. At about the six week mark, I called ATF and found out who the investigator is that covers our region. I spoke with her on the phone and she did my background check while I waited, then gave me my license number before I hung up. I had the papers in hand within the next week.

I wish I remembered her name to tell you, but alas, I do not. Sorry.

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What do I have to do to apply for the Utah license?

There is a class you have to take from a Utah-certified instructor, then you have to submit the application with fingerprints and photo, and of course, your fee.

The instructor we had is on this board as minuteman32, and there is already interest in another class as soon as the folks wanting it organize it, coordinate it with him, and set up the time and place.

Your IN LTC will allow you to carry in the blue states below:

UT adds those in orange:

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA,
    HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD,
    MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ,
    NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC,
    SD, TN, TX, UT, (VT,) VA, WA, WV, WI, WY.

(UT is the most recognized permit and many of the states that recognize their permit also recognize ours. The seven in orange are just the ones that don't recognize both)

States listed in bold recognize only resident permits- that is, if you live in Utah, they might recognize your UT CCW and if you live in IN, they might recognize your IN LTC, but not both. KS and SC do not recognize either one. WV recognizes UT.

The other 14 states (in commie pink) recognize no permit or license but their own, if that.

Oh, BTW, the UT CCW is good for five years and renews for $10, at present. No typo.

More info is available at Utah Department of Public Safety

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For those who sent in their paperwork and cards were charged or checks cashed Aug. 1, our wait is over half over. They have sixty days to approve and send, 31 have passed.

Blessings,
    B

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Just to add a note Cabelas in Hammond have poster at the register at the gun counter , with information on obtaining a Iowa CCP and A local instructor for N.W. Indiana If interested check it out.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Somebody is making a fortune on this thing. Some guy had his daughters standing in the rain at the CP gun show trying to make him a buck by handing out fliers. Pathetic.

Anyway, a 4 hour standard NRA basic pistol class (or equivalent, prior military ect. ect.) is all you need for a FLA non resident permit and you don't have to fork out all that money for the Utah class. You also add a couple extra states over the Utah one.

On the flip side, wish I got certified to teach the Utah class, I'd be making a fortune, lol. No, I don't actually... I don't like ripping people off.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Indiana covers 26 states including our own. UT adds another 7. There are 14 that recognize no one's but their own, if that, and three that require a resident LTC/CCW/whatever. Which ones does FL get an IN resident that UT does not?

(let's not forget also that FL costs almost double what a UT costs as a state fee. If you go to UT and get certified to teach their class, you could offer it for $10 if you wanted, or free, at your option. That's free enterprise. :thumbsup: )

Blessings,
    B

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Indiana covers 26 states including our own. UT adds another 7. There are 14 that recognize no one's but their own, if that, and three that require a resident LTC/CCW/whatever. Which ones does FL get an IN resident that UT does not?

A quick glance shows West Virgina, South Carolina and Kansas in the Florida column for starters. FWIW Florida's license is the most recognized, not Utah's. I don't travel any farther west, so I've never been concerned about beyond that. Here are the two states reciprocity pages:

Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Division of Licensing, DOACS
    Utah Department of Public Safety

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Florida is only good in W Virginia for Florida residents. I don't know how up to date the various web sites are, but Utah is good in Nevada now, whereas Florida is not. Nevada is a place where many of us are likely to go.

The cost of the Utah license pales in comparison to Florida. It costs $117 for the Florida license each time you do it. Whether or not you have to pay for training to satisfy their requirement depends on whether or not you can (or have) get it for no cost. Some people will have to pay $50 - $100 for a basic NRA class or equivalent.

Utah, on the other hand, only costs $10 to renew. Even if you include the cost of a class and the $65 for the intial permit, it's far more cost effective in the long run.

I don't begrudge someone making money from providing the necessary training for a Utah permit. There is nothing wrong with making a profit with a service that is in demand, especially if you are helping people.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom