Used G19's or 26's or M&P 9's in NE Indy???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have a good friend that is finally getting his carry license (told him to do it years ago). However, he is on a very restricted budget. Once we figured the cost of a good holster, good belt, some ammo and a few extra mags, he only has $300 - max $350 out the door left for the gun.

He has shot both my G19 and G26. He can shoot both, but prefers the G19.

I know you will never find a new G19 or G26 for that price. Has anyone seen any used ones for that price in NE area? I am also very comfortable with suggesting an M&P to him. I don't own any, but others I respect speak very highly of them.

If not, what would you suggest for a 9mm carry pistol with that price restriction in mind. I thought that new Ruger LC9S (striker version) sounded interesting. It has the same MSRP as the standard LC9. So if street price is in the same area, that might work for him.

More than anything, if I suggest something else for him, I want it to be something that is pretty much good to go out of the box and has a high probability of being reliable.

What are your thoughts and observations INGO?

EDIT...I should have said NE Indiana. Fort Wayne Area specifically.

Last edited:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I would look for a lightly used Ruger SR9c. Reliable little gun, in my opinion, and should serve him well for carry.

A GLOCK for $350 is going to hard to find. Around here, in the south, they bring more than that, even well used used. Good luck in your search!

Top Bottom