• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    LOL we had few point,threat focus,quick killers in a few classes i have taken and taught over the years

one loudy proclaimed lou chidios stuff highly he was by the far the worst of the class.

then again I have seen my sights in fof its called training and often enoungh IN OIS i have talked with several recall seeing there sight clear as day as the trigger was pressed. go figure its called a training issue

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So why bother with sights on the gun in the first place? Are you saying we should be shooting with one hand as well? Is there a difference between remembering seeing the sights and the fact that it did not happen? So the world would be a better and safer place if we all went around point shooting and did not bother with those little bumps on the gun.

Not using the sights = bad advice. Point shooting = speed is a myth. Learn to see faster and use the sights.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Lasers can be an excellent complement to iron sights, but they can't replace them (assuming you don't have a vision problem that precludes the use of iron sights).

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    The best use I've seen for a laser on a pistol is to help someone see their own bad trigger technique, especially when they deny having it. It's hard to claim you're getting a clean press when that laser nosedives right before the shot. Other than that--it's sure no substitute for sights.

Top Bottom