• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This is a courageous article by the writer.

Unfortunately, I suspect it will be largely dismissed by most, because Americans (younger ones in particular) have been conditioned to have a "Doctors Without Borders" mentality regarding things such as this, and are incapable of strategically calculating how "humanitarian aid" can be counterproductive in some cases.

I'm no expert, but it seems the better approach would be to put out a statement saying we're stopping the aid because we can't assure the safety of the people delivering it, as long as ISIS is in control of the area.

NGOs are very much like the government in that they see it as their job to spend money no matter what, and have to keep the "resource burn" going regardless what the strategic implications on the ground might be. In my opinion, if the points in the article are known to be true, then the aid agencies are actually wasting donor money in order to continue the image they're doing something, and justify their jobs.

There's a lot of places in the world that money could do a lot of good, without enriching the coffers of ISIS (like, hello, have they ever heard of Ebola in Africa?)

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I remember reading stories from a tunnel rat in Vietnam. He mentioned at one point finding boxes of food and clothing that were donated as aid to the Vietnamese "civilians" in the Vietcong tunnels.

The bleeding hearts of the world always find a way to screw us over, don't they?

Top Bottom