• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The request refund page is what you filled out online. Once you fill it out I believe it says to print a copy to send along with the unit.

I did not see that part. Wonderful.

I'll try to call them again tomorrow and ask what they want me to do. I don't want to drop it in the mail until I find out. Let's hope tomorrow is one of the "every other Friday's" that they are open.

Thanks.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    EOtech is one company that really ticks me off. I have had three of these that were basically junk. My first was a PD purchased "N" cell model. From day one it seemed that anytime you picked it up to use it the thing would have dead battery's. I could secure the thing making double sure that it was turned off. Retrieve it a few days later to use it and it would be dead. That made the thing worthless for any serous use. Two of them were sent in for warranty repair. They came back a few weeks later saying they were GTG. No change in battery life. We ended up storing the things with battery's compartment partially open so the battery's were not in contact with the sight. I used my assigned one for about four years as described. One day it just stopped working at all. Called up EOtech again and was told they no longer supported their N cell model sight. I was told that if I wanted to send it back along with 260.00 they would send me a new transverse mounted battery version. That is what I ended up doing. The replacement has so far been GTG.

My second one I purchased used from my local gun shop. This was a double A battery version. It zeroed just fine. It was on a duty rifle for another agency that I also work for. One day I was sent on a deer that had been hit. The deer was in the road way in a semi rural area with a mangled back leg. I pulled out my trusty patrol rifle with its properly zeroed EOtech. With a proper safe back drop I aimed for a head shot at 15 feet using the proper hold over. The deer didn't even flinch! Thinking but really doubting that I pulled the shot I fired again. Same results. I knew I didn't pull that shot. SO with a couple of my co workers rolling around on the ground laughing I put the thing up and killed it with my pistol. Later at the range the thing has shifted zero and was hitting 18 inches high right at the same distance!! My local shop gave me a refund on the thing. I think they thought I was crazy and resold it. The sold it to one of our county jailers. He returned it citing the same problem. Not sure what happened to it after that.

My third one I purchased from a instructor when I was going through patrol rifle instructor school. It was also a double A model. After using it on another AR for a few months I started noticing that the reticle seemed to not be bright enough. I eventually called EOtech and they said it was "a common problem" and to return it with either 60.00 or 80.00 (forget which) for repair. I did not send it in and still own this on a training gun.

Long story short I really like the reticle on these things. I figured it was just bad luck getting a few bad ones. They have caused me a little grief, ridicule and money. Just hope the two I have now hold up.

tylerr23

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Wabash Indiana
    Reading thru here I see some people say theyve never had any issues with their eotechs. Would it be safe to acquire one for typical range use? Of course if shtf I want it to be reliable, but are the extremities really that bad? 122 degrees is pretty hot. Direct sunlight on an 85 to 90 degree day will do that for ya. Is it worth staying away from or do people still prefer them over aimpoints?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I still think this is a matter of someone at Eotech pissing off the wrong .gov person or something like that. They have been to war and back for more than a decade now, and all of a sudden they're junk..... IDK though, maybe I'm just biased. I have had terrific luck with them ever since they went to the transverse mounted batteries, and shoot better with one than anything else.

I agree, I can point to several examples I've seen with my own eyes of government contracts/programs where results didn't come close to meeting expectations/previously agreed upon specifications. Some are carelessness, others neglect. Some were intentional misuse of the appropriate (and spec'd) materials... where they went instead with a cheaper foreign sourced product that was found to be carcinogenic. In even the most obvious cases of this form of deception, I've never seen anyone sued, prosecuted, hell.... I've never seen anyone INVESTIGATED. They caught the attention of someone with power, and that someone is flexing it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Reading thru here I see some people say theyve never had any issues with their eotechs. Would it be safe to acquire one for typical range use? Of course if shtf I want it to be reliable, but are the extremities really that bad? 122 degrees is pretty hot. Direct sunlight on an 85 to 90 degree day will do that for ya. Is it worth staying away from or do people still prefer them over aimpoints?

I had two of them, including an old Bushnell Holosight, and they performed perfectly. I sold the Holosight awhile back and sent my EXPS3 back for the refund because I hunt hogs in the summer in Texas, so I don't trust it. I'd say if you can pick one up on the cheap, it would be great for range use. Mine were very precise. I wish like heck I could trust my EXPS3. I never shot a hog in the heat of the day, so I didn't experience the shift. I slammed a few at night, using night vision through the EXPS3 and it dropped them with precision, every time.

The one that kiled Bin Ladin was working pretty well, too. However, even a 5 MOA shift wouldn't have mattered at 5 or 6 feet away.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I had two of them, including an old Bushnell Holosight, and they performed perfectly. I sold the Holosight awhile back and sent my EXPS3 back for the refund because I hunt hogs in the summer in Texas, so I don't trust it. I'd say if you can pick one up on the cheap, it would be great for range use. Mine were very precise. I wish like heck I could trust my EXPS3. I never shot a hog in the heat of the day, so I didn't experience the shift. I slammed a few at night, using night vision through the EXPS3 and it dropped them with precision, every time.

The one that kiled Bin Ladin was working pretty well, too. However, even a 5 MOA shift wouldn't have mattered at 5 or 6 feet away.

I hog hunt in Texas all the time, I have never had a shift out of my 2 EXPS's, if you are really not trusting the units then why not flip the iron sight up to confirm zero and then go on about your day?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I hog hunt in Texas all the time, I have never had a shift out of my 2 EXPS's, if you are really not trusting the units then why not flip the iron sight up to confirm zero and then go on about your day?

Well, partly because I was not running rear BUIS because I used a 5x magnifier in the daytime and a PVS-14 gen III night vision device at night. The day shots were typically very long shots, so 3 to 5 moa drift would be a real problem, especially beyond 150 yards. I wouldn't be so worried at night, though, because the temps were perfect. Daytime, however, could be another story. We did several hunts above 100 degrees. If exposed to the sun, I think it could easily exceed 120 on the EOtech. I just don't trust it anymore, now that I know. Confidence is everything when taking long shots.

I figured if they offered a full refund with no questions asked, the problem must be significant and consistent. Too bad, because i loved the reticle.

I've since purchased a Trijicon MRO and put it on the rifle. So far, I love it. I may switch an Aimpoint Pro from another rifle, but right now I prefer the MRO. The magnifier works just fine with both of them. The PVS-14 should, as well. Hopefully there will be some pork to show for it at the next hunt, which will hopefully occur in the next couple years.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Some Checks issued on 2/8/16.

For an update on your return Call 888EOTHOLO, option 3, then 1 for return status.

They ask for all your information then put you on hold to check on the status. My refund confirmation number is in the low 3000 (in order of retuned units) and mine was sent back on 12/15/16. My check has not yet been issued but was told to call back if it hasn't arrived within 2 weeks.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Checks have begun to arrive....here is a link to a thread on Arfcom where a guy has posted a picture of his check, which he received today. That means mine will be here soon!

EOTech Return Authorization Reqest wait time thread! - Page 28 - AR15.COM

I had authorization on the 9th of December, then shipped it on the 11th, and they received it on the 14th. My refund confirmation email was received on January 15. Hopefully, the check will arrive soon! I need that thing to help my bank account recover from my new Wilson Combat Beretta. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I sent mine in back in December, and USPS tracking says it arrived, but I never got a confirmation email.

Should I be concerned?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The Meproight Tru-Dot RDS is a fine choice as well. Huge field of view, way bigger than an EOTech and built Israeli tough.

I've heard they are tough, especially the metal ones. The less expensive plastic housed ones are a lightweight option. If it had the EOTech reticle, I'd have jumped on one. I've heard the battery life is vastly superior to the EOTech, too. I've looked through one, though, and the FOV appeared about the same as my EXPS3-0.

Certainly, if the Israeli military uses them, they are battle proven.

Top Bottom