• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I get UPS texts on my phone with everything I purchase. Once the label is printed, I get all info where it is. I am made aware of when it leaves the shipper, when it’s in route, received at warehouse and so on. Few years ago UPS lost a case of ammo, never found it. Ever since I know where things are in the process. You can sign up for these tests and or emails one their website. When something is important, I will have it delivered to a UPS store. I know when it will be delivered to the UPS store and notified when it is delivered. Although I do not trust UPS, I have not had a problem since….and hope I don’t.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yes, check your messages please.
    Just to let you know becoming a Site Supporter doesn't mean members will deal with you. The 50 post rule is a way to vet new guys and get to know them so members have an idea who they're dealing with.

Good luck on obtaining that shiny object

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but would you mind mentioning who the retailer is? Did it take much threatening or did they turn it around just by seeing the shipping screen shot?
    I initially email them explaining the situation and was told that as soon as they received my firearm we would look at options. once they received my firearm I got an email saying that it would cost $90.00 to ship back out or 20% restocking fee. I email them through the weekend with a very good description of my steps to find the package was and the unusual movement of such. I asked very politely to give me a call and I blamed UPS and not them. fortunately the person dealing with me decided to ship it at no cost to me. I did sent multiple screenshots and I offer a statement from my FFL about UPS and never attempting delivery etc.

Atlantic firearms

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I get UPS texts on my phone with everything I purchase. Once the label is printed, I get all info where it is. I am made aware of when it leaves the shipper, when it’s in route, received at warehouse and so on. Few years ago UPS lost a case of ammo, never found it. Ever since I know where things are in the process. You can sign up for these tests and or emails one their website. When something is important, I will have it delivered to a UPS store. I know when it will be delivered to the UPS store and notified when it is delivered. Although I do not trust UPS, I have not had a problem since….and hope I don’t.
    Are you made aware when a scan has been missed?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Are you made aware when a scan has been missed?
    I cannot tell you for sure, but I do believe it would show a reschedule maybe showing a date for another attempt. If something was missed, not scanned and then went on to another process, it would show that. I think the sequence would be off. The scanning is in real time on my phone. I get a text and and email.

Like I said earlier, I have not had a problem since so I cannot be 100% with my answer.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I shipped one to UPS once, and it was completely destroyed (wooden stock rifle) upon delivery. Packaged fine. Getting UPS to make a claim on a firearm was impossible. The claim never paid out. They defended it as the insurance didn't cover firearms and basically lumped into the toxic chemicals and scary things section. I hate UPS.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I was unaware that UPS handled firearms. Ammo yes, but firearms, didn't know this.
    All my FFL transfers have gone via FEDEX air or ground. The local FFL in Otterbein mentioned it was illegal to go FEDEX ground. Clearly the large firearms vendor doesn't care or the information is erroneous. I have purchased numerous firearms from the vendor over the years. Hmmm.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    In November my DIL asked me to order a Lord of the Rings sword from amazon. I ordered it and about a week or so later it came but DHL had it delivered. On the box was a label stating the box was opened and resealed because they had to inspect the contents.

I told her about it and when I gave it to her all the contents were there, but I thought it to be strange they opened it.

Is that normal? The box was about 4’ x 3” x 8” could have looked like a gun box it…

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I ran into a deal a few weeks ago, tried tracking a package and it said that there was multiple packages with the same number and could not be tracked. Tried again the next day and it showed my package and where it was.

I wonder if tracking numbers are often used over and over and if that could cause some confusion.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Of all the carriers, I've had the least problems with UPS.
    Only had a problem ONCE several years ago when I ordered some magazines for a pistol I had.

The online Tracking# check said it was delivered, and the name of the person who signed for it LITERALLY sounded like some gang banger nickname.

I called UPS and told them that it was gun parts, it wasn't delivered to me, and was signed for by somebody I never heard of.

I FURTHER told them that if this isn't corrected quick, I'll report them to Alcohol Tobacco, and Firearms!

LITERALLY within a half an hour, a really sketchy, thuggish looking UPS driver showed up who was not the usual driver, with my magazines.

My first thought upon seeing this driver was wondering if he was a gang banger himself who was ripping off gun related stuff for his buddies.

I never saw this driver again in the rotation of future delivers and wondered if he was fired.
    Probably everyone else's boss. Don't normally go out on deliveries.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I cannot tell you for sure, but I do believe it would show a reschedule maybe showing a date for another attempt. If something was missed, not scanned and then went on to another process, it would show that. I think the sequence would be off. The scanning is in real time on my phone. I get a text and and email.

Like I said earlier, I have not had a problem since so I cannot be 100% with my answer.
    Yea, I know how it works. A missed scan is just that, say it missed a scan being loaded on the delivery truck. The next scan after being scanned in at the local hub will be it being delivered with UPS.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I ran into a deal a few weeks ago, tried tracking a package and it said that there was multiple packages with the same number and could not be tracked. Tried again the next day and it showed my package and where it was.

I wonder if tracking numbers are often used over and over and if that could cause some confusion.
    Was it FedEx? Their #'s are so short that scenario is possible. Shouldn't be an issue with UPS.

And yes, they do eventually get used again, but by the time that happens, the previous use has been purged from the system (at least the system that's viewable by the public).

Top Bottom