• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm going to steal the rock on a rope and toy dinosaur ideas.

In my younger days, when a friend or I would break up with a girl, we'd take our pellet guns and the little gifties the ex had given to the one of us who was recently unattached to an old car at a nearby farm and commence the healing process. It really helped.

:ar15:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    When I was a kid we use to shoot loaded shotgun shells, with a bb gun trying to hit the primer to get them to go off.

kenyo64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    3/4 inch flat washer hung on mason string and then shoot string in two
    watermelons look great when hit with .270
    ken

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I used a 3 foot piece of 2x4, drilled 10 holes along the length with a 1/4" bit, stuck 3 inch sections of drinking straws in the holes, then perched paintballs on the straws. Instant shooting gallery for your .22.

dingodog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Monticello
    Head Shots

I once acquired 2 dozen styrofoam heads from a store that used them to display masks at halloween. My wife made up all the faces with markers. I pounded some poles into the ground to mount them on and the rest was just plain fun. Incidentally, handgun loads didn't have much visual effect. The 12 gauge was very cool.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    In college, I used to work at a video store. One of the guys that worked that had some farm land and invited us out to shoot. This was long before I was into shooting. However, we took a bunch of cardboard advertising "standees", you know, cardboard cutouts of Rambo, Pee-Wee, & Chuck Norris from movies in the mid 80s. We also took a bunch of defective VHS tapes and few VCRs that couldn't be repaired.

If you hit the full side reel of the VHS with a 12 ga shell, the reel will unspool about 100 feet into the air.

You're lucky that the Chuck Norris cutout didn't come to life and roundhouse kick you in the throat.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    A friends son went to school to be a hair dresser, and he used to bring home the model heads that they practiced on after they were done with them. Those things can take a lot of hits before they start to come apart. Even better when the foam inside gets full of water, turns them into cool reactive targets with a large enough caliber.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember as kids shooting an old telegraph pole (the ones that are alongside railroad tracks) completely in two with both our shotguns and .22's.

Also, although I'm not sure this qualifies, I once took all the shot out of a shotgun shell and replaced it with shredded toilet paper. Then when my best friend was over at our house one day, I was on the phone with a girlfriend and when I got off the phone I pretended that I was mad and told him I wanted to shoot something and got that fake shell out and put it in my gun. I had him wait up by the house while I "went to find something to shoot at". When I got about 40 feet away from him, I turned, aimed at him (actually a little to one side in case I missed a shot pellet) and fired. He screamed... loudly... :): 35 years later, we're still best friends, and we still laugh about that. :D

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Mapp gas canister used for soldering copper pipes and things, it kind of shot up in the air and spun around. Not as spectacular as I had imagined, wish I would have some tracers.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Coffee mugs, cars, maniquins, furniture, bowling pins, mobile home and a house (the last 2 were on the same property and scheduled for demolition).

Udderchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    NW Indy
    My Grandmother's house caught fire and left many targets. One fun "target" was a set of soggy encyclopedias. I remember the .222 went in past the D's. Plenty of rabid plastic dishes and cups had to be put down. Pots and pans that suffered burn damage were taken out of commision, as were the tv and stereo..

Top Bottom