• Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Thanks for posting.

I thought the crowd here might enjoy this oldie but goodie, with a slight twist...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3YwfHekjA"]YouTube - StormTroopin'[/ame]

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have spoken with Mr. Nugent via telephone, and once in person, about music related stuff, and I must say it is very hard to get a word in edge-wise, even when your on his side. He can be very abrasive, some would call him an a-hole. That being said, I agree with just about everything he has ever said regarding the rights of Americans. He is a love him or hate him type of guy so I don't think he is going to sway somebody who is on the fence on this issue. I may be wrong, but I've never been before. Good article though, thanks for posting.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    The Motor City Madman rocks.
    Just what the doctor ordered.
    Turn it up.
    Hammerdown.
    Gonzo.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    He called Ruth Bader Ginsburg a "he". hahahaha

If anyone thinks for one minute that I am waiting for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg or anyone else to give me the green light to practice the religion of my choice or to speak my individual mind or to write what I damn well please in song or on the pages of newspapers, magazines or websites, he has another painful thing coming.

Technically, grammar sides with him. He is referring to "anyone else", which, according to the rule, when addressing an unknown gender, refer to it in the masculine.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Technically, grammar sides with him. He is referring to "anyone else", which, according to the rule, when addressing an unknown gender, refer to it in the masculine.

What rule would that be?

My observation has been that it is much more common to use "she" in that instance. I personally would have written "he or she."

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    What rule would that be?

My observation has been that it is much more common to use "she" in that instance. I personally would have written "he or she."

Standard grammar. He or she would be the PC appropriate, but that only has come about since the 80s before that (and in the history field, which fights change like a mamma bear protecting her cubs, we still use the masculine when listing an unknown gender).

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Looks like they may have changed the story, because what you quoted is not how it read earlier. I'm guessing someone caught it.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have spoken with Mr. Nugent via telephone, and once in person, about music related stuff, and I must say it is very hard to get a word in edge-wise, even when your on his side. He can be very abrasive, some would call him an a-hole. That being said, I agree with just about everything he has ever said regarding the rights of Americans. He is a love him or hate him type of guy so I don't think he is going to sway somebody who is on the fence on this issue. I may be wrong, but I've never been before. Good article though, thanks for posting.

Good one, very funny!

Terry :yesway:

Top Bottom