• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Am I missing the actual text of what they're wanting to put in the Constitution or is it not in the article?

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    It'll never happen
    how many times do you have to hit someone on the head before they realize they are getting hurt.

One of the reasons I am so into the right to bear arms is from the stories my grandfather used to tell me about how the Soviets took away everyone's guns before they came and took away their land. He escaped over 70 years ago. Those that stayed behind, will they ever learn? I am counting on the internet and social media to open their eyes and realize that there is no one but themselves to save them from their own government.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    All was going pretty well until:

Exercising the right to free possession of firearms is governed by applicable law and may be limited only by the court on the individual. "

I guess it'd still be better than where they are now but we have an amendment that says "shall not be infringed" and we see how it''s constantly under attack. I can only imagine how watered down this right will be for the Ukrainians.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A friend of mine was arguing the point that they took back their country with nothing more then baseball bats and 2x4's. My reply was did you not see the video of them being shot by snipers ??? If it was not for the whole world watching it would have been an all out slaughter of the unarmed protesters. Some peoples children will just never get it !!!

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    good on them for trying...i hope there are a few smart americans visiting that could lend them a hand at the wording....i think some "shall not be infringed"'s are in order

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    good on them for trying...i hope there are a few smart americans visiting that could lend them a hand at the wording....i think some "shall not be infringed"'s are in order
    It didn't work here. Why should we expect it to work there? Something more along the lines of "Touch 'em and ****ing die" seems more appropriate.

Street Howitzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2013
    South Bend
    Just because our rights are melting away at the hands of ignorant voters and crooked politicians doesn't mean that they can't do the right thing. I wish them the best.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well that's just great. Now the Ukrainians are going to start buying and hoarding all the ammo, too.

It would actually be heartwarming to see that. Even if it meant that some things we get here become more scarce.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just because our rights are melting away at the hands of ignorant voters and crooked politicians doesn't mean that they can't do the right thing. I wish them the best.

The smoke hasn't even settle, and they're already asking for 35 Billion. My money is on them rushing back into Russia's arms. They wanted to enter the EU, and now that seem like the obstacle (Russia) has been removed. Well the EU members aren't exactly gonna cotton to a new member walking in with it's hands out. Then of course, even though it runs contrary to our interest, OUR govt very well may pony up the dough creating a more imposing EU compliments of US tax dollars.

Kut (wouldn't put it past the simpletons running the nation)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Well that's just great. Now the Ukrainians are going to start buying and hoarding all the ammo, too.

It would actually be heartwarming to see that. Even if it meant that some things we get here become more scarce.
    That's my only thought. Can you imagine the price of guns and ammo if the entire world was as free (in respects to firearms) as we are? Can't even imagine the price of a Mosin Nagant when you've got hundreds of millions of people wanting to buy one instead of just the millions that want to now. The firearms we love really are available for purchase by only a fraction of the world's population. I wonder what fraction of world population has easy access to firearms? Can't be very big. Heck, India and China are highly restrictive and that's 1/3 the world's population right there.

Heck, once you've got that many people wanting one factories the world over will start churning out reproductions. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad price wise. Just a thought.

Top Bottom