• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Hey guys and gals...just scratched my 1911 its with a new colt.

I first bought it because it was lightweight with aftermarket sights and hammer.

But I just did a search on google and it turns out its a Lieutenant commander, not a "lightweight" commander.

There was only 500 or 800 made in 1985 only I guess....

My question is....should I get the factory sights and hammer and sell it to get somthing with less "heritage"...so I dont feel bad for beating on it...

OR should I just carry it?

God bless
    -Shred

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I thought I hit the edit button...to change the title...but apparently I posted this twice...

Moderators please feel free to delete this thread.

God bless
    -Shred

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not extremely well versed in 1911's but I'd carry the thing, and shoot the heck out of it if you like it. Carrying and shooting a gun gives it character.

Unless it was in NIB condition and unless someone came along and said it is worth thousands of dollars but shooting will depreciate it by 50%, I'd holster it up and carry it proudly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree, shoot it, become familiar with it and carry it. It was made for this. I am ate up with 1911's and shoot all of mine as often as I can.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've heard people say "as soon as you pull the trigger, your value depreciates".
    If this is true, then they're all worth less before leaving the manufacturer...after the "test fire".

Understood... Just like the condition can never be NIB. The best it can ever be as soon as someone has purchased it is LNIB.

My point was unless it was certified to be some ultra rare, irreplaceable gun for which no parts could ever be found again, I'd carry it, shoot it, etc.

If it was certified to be ultra rare, etc, I'd sell it to turn a profit and then buy something I could shoot.

I like to keep the things I have in good shape and take care of them, but have no interest in something that I cannot use for its intended purpose because it is "too valuable".

Top Bottom