• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have read what I am saying, if I hadn't "bothered" then I wouldn't have responded.

I saw you start out with some assumptions doing math in the beginning of the discussion so I responded.

I see you making several assumptions

I see you equating union leadership with the rank and file so I responded.

I see you saying union members are good recruiting material for Hamas so I responded.

I see you talking about how everyone is getting screwed. It hasn't screwed me and I own a Ford.

You make assumptions in several posts and use inflammatory language to belittle others. So I responded.

You make assumptions about me and then act like I owe you an explanation to you?

You quit making them about everyone and I will quit making them about you.
    Who are you? The hall monitor?

There is a difference between believing what I want to believe and telling someone they are good recruiting material for Hamas. Do you agree with me or bob on that?
    Why did you insert yourself here? Are you implying they cannot hash this out without you?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Who are you? The hall monitor?

Why did you insert yourself here? Are you implying they cannot hash this out without you?
    Pot Kettle. Why in your last 2 posts even!

Are you implying bobzilla and I can't hash this out without you?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Some of these things came with not much warehousing any longer.
    On Demand parts, its today's reality. Most traditional manufacturing is long gone.

I get that, but the problem here is that one of the very FIRST things they shut down were parts.
    It's a pain tactic, but instead sticking to vehicle production that mostly effects the companies, they
    chose to spread the pressure to the end consumer by taking away the ability to repair already purchased vehicles.
    There is a clear difference on the approach here.

There is a finite supply of parts on hand and the ability to manufacture parts on demand will be limited to production capacity,
    a production capacity that is currently geared for "normal" levels of parts replacement.
    To see this effect first hand, look at ammo manufacturing during the "shortage".

During this shutdown the demand for those parts hasn't just magically disappeared.
    The warehousing now is broken/damaged vehicles that will need parts.
    That's a backlog, and it's increasing every day.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I get that, but the problem here is that one of the very FIRST things they shut down were parts.
    It's a pain tactic, but instead sticking to vehicle production that mostly effects the companies, they
    chose to spread the pressure to the end consumer by taking away the ability to repair already purchased vehicles.

There is a finite supply of parts on hand and the ability to manufacture parts on demand will be limited to production capacity,
    a production capacity that is currently geared for "normal" levels of parts replacement.
    To see this effect first hand, look at ammo manufacturing during the "shortage".

During this shutdown the demand for those parts hasn't just magically disappeared.

You idle final assy plants and the parts plants will quickly shut down themselves.
    Warehousing is a thing of the past. Where do all of these parts get stored?
    All of the big three had months to bring contracts to the UAW.
    And they didn't bring anything to the table.
    Game on

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Do the same plants that make "Ford" parts also make OEM parts that I go buy when I fix my stuff? For example, I replaced the Neutral position switch. I had 3 or 4 to choose from.

Now body parts and "genuine" parts sure. But most car disposable stuff, alternators, water pumps, brakes, calipers, etc. Are they also all out? (I don't wanna go look at car parts sites so I will take your word as gospel!)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    You idle final assy plants and the parts plants will quickly shut down themselves.
    Warehousing is a thing of the past. Where do all of these parts get stored?
    All of the big three had months to bring contracts to the UAW.
    And they didn't bring anything to the table.
    Game on
    I've seen the parts get warehoused in the docks, until they are ready to ship to other plants or distribution points. And the distribution points are some of the first things they shut down. Parts are sitting in these distribution warehouses. Once the docks fill up, that is when production comes to a stop.

At the same time, the UAW had months to come up with reasonable demands, and they didn't bring those reasonable demands to the table either.

Bring on the jobs leaving the US, I guess. And lets not forget all the people going to dump buying UAW vehicles for ones that don't have the current issues caused by the UAW. If you think future loss of sales because of this strike are not starting to factor into the negotiations, think again.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've seen the parts get warehoused in the docks, until they are ready to ship to other plants or distribution points. And the distribution points are some of the first things they shut down. Parts are sitting in these distribution warehouses. Once the docks fill up, that is when production comes to a stop.

At the same time, the UAW had months to come up with reasonable demands, and they didn't bring those reasonable demands to the table either.

Bring on the jobs leaving the US, I guess. And lets not forget all the people going to dump buying UAW vehicles for ones that don't have the current issues caused by the UAW. If you think future loss of sales because of this strike are not starting to factor into the negotiations, think again.
    Parts that have been manufactured since Sept 15th stored on loading docks, LOL

Union and Non union Manufacturing jobs have been leaving America since the 1970's its nothing new.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    There is a difference between believing what I want to believe and telling someone they are good recruiting material for Hamas. Do you agree with me or bob on that?
    Well, if you believe using hostage techniques on the populace is acceptable to give yourself a raise then maybe you are closer than you think.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well, if you believe using hostage techniques on the populace is acceptable to give yourself a raise then maybe you are closer than you think.
    make sure you link it like before. Hostage does have a spectrum of meanings. When used in context with Hamas that spectrum significantly narrows.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    :scratch: Sooo... we should be cheering on more of that?
    Its nothing to cheer, but its a simple fact. With import / export fed laws, tax laws it comes with the territory. Most of it started in the 60's with Maquiladora system in Mexico. Its expanded since then.

When American iron ore can be shipped to Japan and turned into steel and then is bought by a heavy equipment company. And they can built say a long arm track hoe or a bulldozer and ship it to the US. And sell it cheaper than one can buy a US built Deere or a Caterpillar Thats a ****ing problem.
    Vote better America.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have read what I am saying, if I hadn't "bothered" then I wouldn't have responded.
    I didn't ask if you read what YOU were saying.
    I saw you start out with some assumptions doing math in the beginning of the discussion so I responded.
    I did back of the napkin numbers off information I could source through the internet. That was clarified early on and to correct me where it was incorrect. Instead you attacked the ideas. whatever.
    I see you making several assumptions
    Again, incorrect on these....
    I see you equating union leadership with the rank and file so I responded.
    Have not once done so. You might be mixing me up with someone else that isn't a fanboi.
    I see you saying union members are good recruiting material for Hamas so I responded.
    No, I said YOU and CREEDMORE were good recruiting material because you believe hostage techniques on peoples livelihoods is a-ok as long as you get yours.
    I see you talking about how everyone is getting screwed. It hasn't screwed me and I own a Ford.
    Ford, currently, has not had warehouses shut down. As I have stated multiple times (theres that not reading again) its a real issue with GM and Stellantis.
    You make assumptions in several posts and use inflammatory language to belittle others. So I responded.
    You haven't stopped either. Don't like it, leave.
    You make assumptions about me and then act like I owe you an explanation to you?
    And you're still making incorrect assumptions of me. I have been asking you to clarify and instead you mouth off some other ********.
    You quit making them about everyone and I will quit making them about you.
    Well, when I start I will let you know. Your inability to answer a question makes me guess what you're trying to say.
    Look peeps... I'm not anti-union. I'm anti-*******. Right now, the Union (and the car makers that haven't brought forth offers) are being assholes to the rest of the nation. When you make a concerted effort to disrupt supply lines for products that have already been made and on the road providing someone with a service or business you're being an *******.

EDIT: See. here's more of that avoidance and inflammatory language you talk about:
    make sure you link it like before. Hostage does have a spectrum of meanings. When used in context with Hamas that spectrum significantly narrows.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't recall body shop employees crying in 2019?

The last UAW strike was against GM in 2019, when 48,000 workers walked out of 50 US factories in mid-September. It lasted six weeks,

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Let's try to make an accurate timeline...

Two months before contract expired, uaw opened negotiations. Not one company came to the table.
    A few weeks before contract expired, uaw filed complaints against two companies for not bargaining in good faith.
    Shortly before contract expired, all three companies submitted proposals that were laughingly inadequate. Uaw president warned that garbage was going to be answered with strikes.
    Contract expires and Fain keeps his word and walks a few assembly plants
    Companies start to wake up and submit better proposals, but they're still not where they need to be.
    A week later, Fain walks parts distribution of two companies. He doesn't walk Ford because they made substantial progress.
    Fain makes it clear that he will escalate if further progress isn't made.
    Two weeks later, GM decides to roll the dice and the truck plant goes on strike.

Now, here we are. Understandably, people are annoyed with what is going on. Hell, I'd rather be at work, blissfully ignoring my surroundings. Instead, I'm at home gambling that taking a voluntary layoff is better than getting a forced layoff. However, it needs to be pointed out, once again, that the companies had months to settle this. They chose to **** around until the last minute. Fain has proven that, as long as negotiations are moving forward, he won't escalate. He proved that by not walking Ford's parts plants when they made progress and he proved by walking gm truck when no progress was made.

It also needs to be pointed out that Fain could have walked every uaw local which would have shut down everything - including parts warehouses. Instead, he has walked certain locals which hurts the company financially, but still allows them to still make some product and money.

There's two sides to this problem, it's not 100% union fault. Is the uaw asking too much? On certain things, I think they are. However, I'm not in a position to change anything. Neither are the workers that are walking the picket line, so accusing them of being terrorists is ********.

Last thing, the uaw has proven that we are willing to make concessions in order to help when companies are struggling. We gave up cola, we gave up pensions, we gave up profit sharing, we gave up raises, and we gave up more. Why is it assumed that we wouldn't be willing to do it again if necessary?

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So apparently all of our union folks are fine with shutting down small businesses and holding peoples vehicles hostage because they can’t get fixed. That’s awesome. I hear hamas is recruiting. They have immediate openings I m sure.
    Show me where this says me and Creedmoor.

Top Bottom