• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Military Personnel bicker over the title of their public service; Gun shop raid

Decked out in full-combat regalia, Air Force troops accompanied the FBI into a Las Vegas gun shop to apparently look for stolen property.

Since President Bush gutted the Posse Comitatus Act, it is becoming the "new normal" for the military to execute the laws of United States in a wholly statist "partnership" between Federal/Local/Military enforcers.

Air Force, FBI agents raid gun store near Strip

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8wl8r_bCNw[/ame]

Posse Comitatus Act

Sec. 15. From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress ;

Last edited:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Well they could have just sent the local police department to serve the warrant, but no they gotta be tacticool. I ndidn't know the Air Force knew how to operate rifles anyways.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    They were searching for stolen military hardware. So I don't have a problem with this single event.

They don't have any law enforcement powers outside of the UCMJ, which doesn't apply to those not in the Armed Forces. They have no business "collecting" their stolen equipment, that is the job of LEOs

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They were searching for stolen military hardware. So I don't have a problem with this single event.
    There's always an excuse. There was no single solitary reason that they needed to be there. Punishing thieves is a job for the Police - the LOCAL police, in fact.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not even remotely a good enough reason for them to leave base. This is a matter that should have been solely in the hands of the locals cops or the FBI. They had no business being involved in a law enforcement matter off their base. Doesn't matter if someone at that store had stolen the generals crown jewels. They broke the law.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    What if the weapons were from crashed alien spacecraft? That gun shop could have has some radioactive nuclear Glock vaporizing plasma ray gun. Frankly, I wouldn't want the local boys bagging that guy up,

"Hey Phil, is that thingy gun those goofy Air Force nerds were talking about?"

"I don't know, toss it here and let me take a look."

"Okay."

-Tosses crazy unidentifiable alien gun-

atombomb.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

slippery slope

back in 1938 Congress passed a $200 stamp act to have a machine gun. It just $200 to keep criminals from having mg.

then in 1968 another law to restrict firearms, then in 86 outright ban!

see the slippery slope?

now apply it to the armed forces and before long....

They don't have any law enforcement powers outside of the UCMJ, which doesn't apply to those not in the Armed Forces. They have no business "collecting" their stolen equipment, that is the job of LEOs

THIS!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    slippery slope

back in 1938 Congress passed a $200 stamp act to have a machine gun. It just $200 to keep criminals from having mg.

see the slippery slope?

THIS!

I agree 100% with this, if you are in the armed forces, you have NO authority outside of those boundaries, unless Congress tells you!!!

I'm sorry I have nothing against the military at all, but this is a horrendous overstepping of bounds!!! The ATF, FBI, and local LEOs were all that was needed...

Think of it this way, are we allowed to participate in Police raids, just because there *might* be some of our stolen goods at the raid location?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    slippery slope

see the slippery slope?

THIS!
    I'm sure with all the local, federal, and military forces involved here that somehow it was probably legal in some aspect. I'd think that a district atty or judge authorized this search.
    Do I like the idea of this type of raid. NO. Then again I have no clue as to what was actually happening at that store.
    I hate thieves even more. IF the prick is buying stolen weapons or accessories than bust his arse (pun intended) and imprison him.
    I'm pretty darned conservative (understatement) and I'd like to know all the details. He might be a real bad guy.
    Bring back public executions. Start with well....... .......... fill in the blank.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If the (insert your favorite branch of the military) wishes to "observe" police action that is one thing, but to actively be involved isn't right. Just remember how well it worked out in Viet Nam when the military sent "observers" over there? It can be done! Really! Somehow. . .maybe. . . .

never happen, forget it!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I agree 100% with this, if you are in the armed forces, you have NO authority outside of those boundaries, unless Congress tells you!!!

I'm sorry I have nothing against the military at all, but this is a horrendous overstepping of bounds!!! The ATF, FBI, and local LEOs were all that was needed...

Think of it this way, are we allowed to participate in Police raids, just because there *might* be some of our stolen goods at the raid location?

Now the US Fed Govt. can save $$ and layoff all Fed LEO and send in the USAF !!!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Actually, the Military has historically been in the Business of Repossessing and Building the Case against those who Steal or Deal in Stolen Military Wares...
    They dressed like infantry to be used on the front lines in Afghanistan.
    And HTF do you know what the Infantry looks like in Afghanistan?!
    slippery slope

see the slippery slope?

THIS!
    Might just want to Research the particular Arm of the Military that does this kinda stuff...
    For the Air Force it is the AFOSI (US Air Force Office of Special Investigations) ;)
    Psssttt...
    They are also FEDERAL AGENTS....

The AFOSI focuses on five priorities:

• Develop and retain a force capable of meeting Air Force needs,
    • Detect and provide early warning of worldwide threats to the Air Force,
    • Identify and resolve crime impacting Air Force readiness or good order and discipline,
    • Combat threats to Air Force information systems and technologies, and
    • Defeat and deter fraud in the acquisition of Air Force prioritized weapons systems.

The Air Force spokeswoman said that the stolen property was not a dangerous item. My opinion stands either way.

This is an expansion of the policing power of the military, just because they can.

Stolen property recovered from gun store in Air Force raid
    If you really hate the establishment so much why do you not do something to change it?! :dunno:
    Are there to many steps to get out of your Basement, ur I mean your Bunker?!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you really hate the establishment so much why do you not do something to change it?! :dunno:
    Are there to many steps to get out of your Basement, ur I mean your Bunker?!

I'm sorry I said something about the military that you don't approve of. Its easier to not make things personal though.

I'm not posting my resume and I don't expect one from you either.

Top Bottom