• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What's getting you so amped up about this? Everything he posted was completely factual, plus this portion of commentary

Is stating his opinion "hysterical grandstanding"? Last I checked, it's against the rules to just post a link to an article with no commentary, isn't it?
    D-e-l-i-v-e-r-y. Not content. You need to pay attention some more.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Ok I don't get this....these guys are doing the same thingin the name of Christianity, as the Islamic thugs are doing in the name ofAllah....yet we go in and help kill these guys but prop up and support Islamicmurders and terrorist. Shouldn't we be treating them all the same. Seems we arebending over backward to keep Muslims happy and let Sharia law creep into thiscountry.

:patriot::twocents:

Yeah, and we should treat Israel the same too.

This isnt a Christian thing. These people are no more Christian than the Taliban is an accurate representation of Muslims.

Why are people so paranoid that Obama has Muslim interests at heart?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    D-e-l-i-v-e-r-y. Not content. You need to pay attention some more.

By INGO Politics standards, this thread is pretty tame. Stated the facts claerly and concisely. A small amount of commentary, not particularly inflammatory.

By Rambone standards, this thread comes off like PBS :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Is this what that "Kony 2012" video is all about? It keeps showing up in my emails but I've never taken time to view it yet. I heard somebody mention it in passing, and it looks like there's something connected to FaceBook about it...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is this what that "Kony 2012" video is all about? It keeps showing up in my emails but I've never taken time to view it yet. I heard somebody mention it in passing, and it looks like there's something connected to FaceBook about it...

That's the latest pro-war propaganda piece geared toward intervention in Africa.

Here's how it happened:

qHJ1P.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why U.S. military in Uganda? Soros fingerprints all over it! Obama’s billionaire friend has interests in African country’s oil
    Oil exploration began in Uganda’s northwestern Lake Albert basin nearly a decade ago, with initial strikes being made in 2006.

Uganda’s Energy Ministry estimates the country has over 2 billion barrels of oil, with some estimates going as high as 6 billion barrels. Production is set to begin in 2015, delayed from 2013 in part because the country has not put in place a regulatory framework for the oil industry.

A 2008 National Oil and Gas Policy, proposed with aid from a Soros-funded group, was supposed to be a general road map for the handling and use of the oil. However, the polcy’s recommendations have been largely ignored, with critics accusing Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni of corruption and of tightening his grip on the African country’s emerging oil sector.

Soros himself has been closely tied to oil and other interests in Uganda.
    In 2008, the Soros-funded Revenue Watch Institute brought together stakeholders from Uganda and other East African countries to discuss critical governance issues, including the formation of what became Uganda’s National Oil and Gas Policy.

Also in 2008, the Africa Institute for Energy Governance, a grantee of the Soros-funded Revenue Watch, helped established the Publish What You Pay Coalition of Uganda, or PWYP, which was purportedly launched to coordinate and streamline the efforts of the government in promoting transparency and accountability in the oil sector.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As terrorists go, Kony is like a kindergartner with a baseball bat. He is very dangerous locally, semi-relevant regionally, insignificant globally, and that said, he is whizzing in Soros's water goblet. Barring the last element, there isn't a chance in the universe that Obama would care about this.

It would be an improvement to the world to cure Kony of his habit of breathing, but this is a very strange priority for an administration which habitually downplays credible terrorist threats both before and after the fact. I suppose it isn't really a threat unless it threatens Barry's sugar daddy.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's related to it, certainly. Kony is hiding out in Sudan, with the blessing of the Al-Quaida backed insurgents there. Hitchen's did a piece on the LRA a few years ago that is rather eye opening.
    Childhood's End | Politics | Vanity Fair

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    3,000 soldiers to serve in Africa next year

Whichever globalist president gets elected, we'll still be heavily engaged in policing the world and participating in international wealth redistribution.

3,000 soldiers to serve in Africa next year
    A brigade will deploy to Africa next year in a pilot program that assigns brigades on a rotational basis to regions around the globe, the Army announced in May.

Roughly 3,000 soldiers — and likely more — are expected to serve tours across the continent in 2013, training foreign militaries and aiding locals.

As part of a “regionally aligned force concept,” soldiers will live and work among Africans in safe communities approved by the U.S. government, said Maj. Gen. David R. Hogg, head of U.S. Army Africa.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    First their were U.S. advisors in Vietnam long before that during WW2 helping the communists fight the japanese after the French gave up.

Second I doubt that Uganda will be seen to represent part of a domino effect as Vietnam was.

Not that I advocate sending more U.S. troops to foreign soil, but the U.S. has been deploying combat advisors all around the world for a long time. This is not really a new phenomenon.

Just because you're used to it doesn't make it right, proper or smart.:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    As terrorists go, Kony is like a kindergartner with a baseball bat. He is very dangerous locally, semi-relevant regionally, insignificant globally, and that said, he is whizzing in Soros's water goblet. Barring the last element, there isn't a chance in the universe that Obama would care about this.

It would be an improvement to the world to cure Kony of his habit of breathing, but this is a very strange priority for an administration which habitually downplays credible terrorist threats both before and after the fact. I suppose it isn't really a threat unless it threatens Barry's sugar daddy.

:+1: if I could...

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN

That whole "Kony 2012" thing was just a big scam. The guys who made that video pocketed 2/3 of all donations. Less than 1/3 actually went to help save the children. I laughed at people that actually donated to them, research before you donate!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just because we have our boys training up others does not mean that we will escalate our involvement beyond training.

We have ODAs all around the globe training up foreign troops so they can kill our enemies for us. Is this not in the best interest of our country?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Just because we have our boys training up others does not mean that we will escalate our involvement beyond training.

We have ODAs all around the globe training up foreign troops so they can kill our enemies for us. Is this not in the best interest of our country?

Now stop that, you'll just confuse him.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

The statist status quo must continue. The mounting debt means nothing. Onward with the exact same globalist policies. That's why Obama is no radical president, he IS the status quo.

Why do I have to pay for the policing of the world? Collect donations if you think Americans support the subsidized training of Africans. In a few years the guys we trained will be our new enemy anyways.

Now stop that, you'll just confuse him.

The part that confuses me is how neocons can never get their fill of war and foreign intervention. There is nothing fiscally conservative about our globalist CFR-approved foreign policy.

Top Bottom