• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Likely the reason - as given - was accepted by the few parents who paid attention to what was happening, and the fact that no one is being held responsible for the data or its security was either not mentioned or glossed over. If I had a child in that school, I'd have my lawsuit pre-written and ready to go the first time it came out the data had been compromised or a child disappeared, and the school district would discover they weren't going to "make money" on their program, after all, once the class-action lawsuits got settled.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ah, Texas. The bastion of liberty and freedom. Maybe one of these days people will see Texas for what it really is, a police state run by the biggest of the big government types.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Whats amazing is that there is very little information in the article about parents refusing to participate?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh how nice. Begin to teach the kids that it's OK to allow big brother to track them. After all, adults in many cities are ok with it when they are tracked via security city cameras so now it's time we take it a step further and track with more precision.

Your papers please.
    papers-please-1-krackow.jpg

just went to a whole new level.
    NICE!

:faint:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been told that all the new high tech phones have real time tracking of every user. Even if they do not have tracking, the phone towers can still locate pretty close to where you are. That is part of why I am still using a tracfone.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have been told that all the new high tech phones have real time tracking of every user. Even if they do not have tracking, the phone towers can still locate pretty close to where you are. That is part of why I am still using a tracfone.

It is still possible to triangulate most any signal. Sorry to burst your bubble.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds quite expensive. Can't they just take attendance in class? The result is the same. Plus, the argument about 'predators' tracking kids is a bit specious too. All you need is a watch and binoculars.

Wanna talk about 'electronic chains'? Kids already broadcast where they are - it's called Foursquare and Facebook. They do it willing and you don't need a FOIA request to get the information.

Quit worrying about Gov't enchaining us and worry about the fetters we willingly wear.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Oh how nice. Begin to teach the kids that it's OK to allow big brother to track them. After all, adults in many cities are ok with it when they are tracked via security city cameras so now it's time we take it a step further and track with more precision.

Your papers please.
    papers-please-1-krackow.jpg

just went to a whole new level.
    NICE!

:faint:

This is hardly the beginning. Schools have been the means of restructuring the hierarchy of society for a while now.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    So are there rules about periodically swapping chips with friends?

Cloning the RFID so it looks like one kid is in 20 places and crash the system?

If I was a kid in this place, I would be having some fun. Doesn't seem like it would be hard to slip more chips in backpacks, etc. I will assume this is going to be done as a passive ID, which is easy to spoof.

Edit: Read article. These would be harder to "play" with.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    I can't get into ALex Jones all that much... I like his coverage of the police state issues, but a LITTLE too much conspiracy theories for me...

...excuse me I have to put my head back in the sand now.

jdwhitak

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I don't have children, but if I did and I lived in Texas I would take this opportunity to teach my children about civil disobedience!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Texas was a huge battleground for homeschooling back in the '80s, with many parents facing threats of jail.

I would hope some of the folks in this district might wise up and do the same.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    this is all about the money. More attendance = more federal $$$.
    There's more to it than money. When they admit to money being a motive, there's always more to it. Indiana does a single count day based on enrolled AIS. No need to RFID tag the kids to figure out how many go there.

I don't have children, but if I did and I lived in Texas I would take this opportunity to teach my children about civil disobedience!

Any attempt on their part to disobey is met with swift punishment. The only meaningful form of protest is to remove the children.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Makes the case for a private school. I know it is expensive but at least they listen. Customers have more influence on a business than subjects have with their rulers.

They do have elected school board members that could be recalled or voted out at the next election, don't they?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom