• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No rejoicing here, its bad when anyone gets shot. Even in a justified shooting the media tends to either find a way to put a negative spin on it or ignore the fact someone successfully defended themselves.

I do know this, it would be a good thing if Don's was to go away.

Deusvult

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Southside of Indianapolis
    This was the last information I saw at WRTV:

INDIANAPOLIS - A man was killed after he shot an employee at a popular Indianapolis gun store Monday, police said.
    The shooting happened just after noon inside Don's Guns at 38th Street and Lafayette Road.
    Don Davis, the store owner who has become a local celebrity with a string of quirky commercials, told reporters the man came into the store, rented a gun and fired three boxes of ammunition at the attached range.

"I've been here 40 years. This is the gun business. You have a kook every now and then," Davis said.
    When the man came to the counter afterward, employee Ben Chance was reading him off his total when the man pulled a gun and shot the employee, Davis said.

"He didn't say a word. He washed his hands, came up and Ben said, 'Your bill is ...' whatever he said, and the guy shot him," Davis said.
    Chance, who has worked at the gun store for 19 years, fired back, killing the gunman with one shot, Davis said.

"He did exactly what any of us would do," Davis said. "We'll shoot you back. And there were two guns right behind him to shoot him if he wasn't dead. He'd have never got up off the floor."

Chance was taken to an area hospital with at least one gunshot wound. He is expected to recover, Davis said.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I went there once about 13 years ago and was treated like **** and have never been back. They take advantage of people who don't know better.

I don't like that the clerk got shot, but I can't say I'm too surprised given the store's employees, location and typical clientele.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    images

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    When he had the store in Greenwood, one of his employees was murdered in cold blood during a robbery. I'm glad Mr. Chance will survive.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I hope the employee will be ok.

Several years ago I was at this range. I had another guy on the range come up to me and wanted me to help un-jam his pistol, which he had pointed at me. Not cool!

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I hope the employee will be ok.

Several years ago I was at this range. I had another guy on the range come up to me and wanted me to help un-jam his pistol, which he had pointed at me. Not cool!

They definitely need an RSO there. That would at least minimize the possibility of people asking other shooters for help and walking out on the floor with still loaded weapons.

Top Bottom