Please reply by conversation.

tsugaruroman

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Selling two of my rifles.
    First one is Glenfield 60 (same as Marlin 60). Old model with 18 rd magazine. The rifle has few issues (thus the price). The bluing on the barrels is worn and there is pitting on the barrel. Stock shows wear (nothing major, though). Piece of trigger guard chipped off in a usual place behind rear retaining screw. Does not work well with cheap ammo. Likes CCI mini mag. The last round in the mag often jams. Last time I went to the range few rounds out of each mag I loaded misfired (firing pin wear?). The round count is unknown, but the bore is in excellent condition and rifle is very accurate. I changed the feeder throat about 300 rounds back.
    Now the price: $75 for rifle with cheap x4 csope, gun sleeve and all .22 ammo I have (about 250 rds of cheap bulk ammo and about 50 rds of mini-mags). For $115 I will add much nicer 3x-9x X 40 scope ($40 value) and see through scope mount ($16 value) – on the picture. I probably will not consider lower offers because parts alone will sell for more on e-bay.
    Will consider trade for 7.62x 54 ammo, decent rangefinder, Russian Nagant revolver, or in-line muzzleloader in good shape.
    Sold

Glenfield 60 pictures by tsugaruroman - Photobucket

The second rifle is Austrian Steyr Mauser, model 1912 (Chilean contract). Fires 7mm Mauser ammo. It is a short carbine with bent bolt, not a long rifle (looks just like K98). I don’t know how accurate it is, I never took it to the range, just fired few test shots (cycles and fires fine). Bluing on the barrel is gone, almost looks like polished steel. Bore looks dark but rifling is well pronounced. Receivers on these rifles never had bluing to start with. Receiver has Austrian markings and Chilean crest. There is a crack on the wood on the upper hand guard, hardly visible about 2 “ long, does not affect anything. Retaining pin on the bayonet lug thingy is missing (should be a cheap repair, or you can use a small screw), but the cap is sitting firmly and does not get loose even after few rounds fired. Rifle is all original, all numbers match, no import markings.I also have a German bayonet for K98 (blade and sheath have matching #s). Blade is in excellent condition, never was sharpened. It fits the rifle perfectly. I will also throw in WWI Austrian (or German?) ammo pouch.
    I am asking $300 for rifle only and $350 for rifle, bayonet and pouch. I will not sell bayonet and pouch without the rifle, so please don’t ask.
    Will consider trades for SKS (no Norinco, please), Mosin M38 or M44 + ammo, 12 gauge pump shotgun combo (field/deer barrel). No trade that will require cash from my side. Not interested in handguns other than one mentioned above.

1912 Mauser pictures by tsugaruroman - Photobucket

FTF deals only with IN DL holders in Scottsburg area. I may consider meeting somewhere along I-65 between Columbus and Louisville (on IN side) for the right deal. I will be willing to meet at a shooting range at Clark State Forest so you can test the gun.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom