• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lot of variety in the same platform, calibers , barrel lengths, I have more than two Broomhandles, but they are all somewhat different.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Do two of the same air rifle count?
    I have two Gamo CFX air rifles, one in .177 caliber and the other in .22 caliber.

osbornk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Marion, Va
    I only have 12 firearms and don't see why one would want more than one alike. 10 of my 12 are different brands and the two that are of the same brand are different actions (semi vs revolver and semi vs bolt action). My seven handguns range from large to small, revolver and semi-auto, and heavy and light. My 3 rifles are semi, bolt and lever. My shotguns are both inherited single shots but one is a 20 and the other is a 16.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Glocks, same model, same round count and no modifications. I load a round in the chamber and hide them in several "trash cans", recycle bins, etc. You get the idea.

There are no kids living in the house. When we have company over I remove all that is hidden.

The reasons for the several Glocks? I can buy them through the "Blue Label Program". Affordable and cost effective when you buy this way.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Ive got 2 identically set up Glock 34s. Years ago I was shooting a lot of matches and it made sense to have a back up,

And it is nice to be able to try things (sights, springs, grips, whatever) back to back , and sometimes you set them up different for a reason (I have a heavier trigger pull in the gun I designate more as my dry fire / practice gun) , and for troubleshooting it is handy to compare what works to what does not, and it is nice to always have one clean & ready to go if time runs short before match day.

My ability to rationalize seems well developed :) .

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I only have 12 firearms and don't see why one would want more than one alike. 10 of my 12 are different brands and the two that are of the same brand are different actions (semi vs revolver and semi vs bolt action). My seven handguns range from large to small, revolver and semi-auto, and heavy and light. My 3 rifles are semi, bolt and lever. My shotguns are both inherited single shots but one is a 20 and the other is a 16.

For this reason:

If you definitely like the gun then buy another one. As the spec ops guys say - two is one - one is none. And cuz spare parts. Spare parts is good. If you have two of them then you can most probably keep one running for a long time.

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    I recall reading somewhere that having two of the same model gun leaves no room for mistakes, i.e. verse have two different brands. It also went on to say that the man or gal who has one gun should be feared as they will know how to work that gun really well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As my name implies I am an avid 1911 fan. I have a total of 5 right now, 1 Colt, 2 Kimbers (different models) and 2 Wilsons. The Wilsons are the same model but one is blue and one is stainless. Just posted a thread about it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/401130-happy-day-woo-hooo-part-2-a.html

It's hard to resist having more than 1 1911. I have a modest collection of 1911s and am amazed at how different two similar 1911s can feel when shooting them. You would think that one full size 1911 would feel much like any other full size 1911, but each has it's own personality. Then, when you start comparing a steel compact to an aluminum framed compact, the differences are even greater. The size of a 1911 changes the feel too.

Honestly, how does anyone stay with only one 1911.

JACKD7

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Westfield
    I have two of most of my pistols: HK P30L, HK P30, CZ 75 & CZ 75 Compact. They're different variants though: DAO, Decocker & SA/DA.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I have a glock 19 and 26. 26 with 19 mag and XGrip makes them nearly the same. Two AR's also, but slightly different. Two AK's, but one with folding stock. I like to have two of the same gun, but slightly different for different tasks.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I have three Bulgarian Makarovs, and still find myself looking hard at ones that pop up for sale. I don't carry them much, as I consider them to be minimal armament, but I love shooting them and they are great in hot weather when clothes become less able to hide a full size auto. Makarovs are like potato chips; you can't have just one. I also have two Star PD's. They are only a smidgen larger than a Makarov and you get to pack around a real round.

Chris

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    I do not have two identical pistols but I have considered it. If I did it one would be kept loaded and holstered as a carry weapon. The other I would use for dry-fire practice at home and live fire at the range. The duplicate would also serve as a backup if my carry piece had to go in for service.

Drotis

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Just starting to appreciate the older S&W revolvers. So you have models 19 and 66 - basically the same gun but blued, nickel, stainless, snubbie to 6+ inches, no dash to -x, etc, not to mention all of the other great models. This could get expensive, now that I think about it......

Top Bottom