Two Explosions during Boston Marathon?? what the heck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I expect there to be a lot of "suspicious" items as people overreact. This is what happens when people flee in panic. Odds are these will be standard black powder pipe bombs.

I'm hearing reports of "smell cordite" at two of the blasts and people are finding ball bearings, looked to be around 7-9mm in diameter. This would be explained by your prediction.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Think farther back...IEDs were used in LA newspaper bombing back in 1910 by Union workers or the Wall Street bombing in 1920....or closer to home...the Bath MI school bombing in 1927 that killed 30-some kids.

McVeigh's bomb was technically an IED.

The first IEDs were done by the IRA against the British. Used milk cans filled with explosives.

Look for all sorts of exploitation for political purposes over the next few weeks.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    604051_10151304866411362_515708358_n.jpg

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    CNN is really behind the 8 ball today. Numerous online news sources, as well as a member here, reporting a suspect being guarded in hospital. CNN currently talking about how hard it may be to ID a suspect.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    .. I am sorry for posting in the "Wrong" Forum in my haste....Geesh... Guess I was more concerned about my daughter than worrying about WHICH FORUM to post in...
    Update: Talked to her a few minutes ago and she was standing on the sidewalk about half way BETWEEN the two explosions... she said her ears were still ringing...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    .. I am sorry for posting in the "Wrong" Forum in my haste....Geesh...

That's the thing, there IS no right forum for this sort of thing. I wasn't commenting at you specifically, just the fact that this forum has no "Current Event" or "Current News" subforum. It's just stupid something like this needs to go to the "break room"

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    .. I am sorry for posting in the "Wrong" Forum in my haste....Geesh... Guess I was more concerned about my daughter than worrying about WHICH FORUM to post in...
    Update: Talked to her a few minutes ago and she was standing on the sidewalk about half way BETWEEN the two explosions... she said her ears were still ringing...

Ouch! Glad she turned out to be OK. Too close.....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Is this the first official IED attack on US soil?

I think you posted in the right area. It is too early to determine a cause. We can guess, but it would just be a GUESS.

Assimilator17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    I'm glad she is alright. Continued prayers for all the victims and their families.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality

Glad she's OK, myself and others on this forum know what it is like to be involved in an IED strike.

Top Bottom