• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, it's just that no one wanted to watch my argument a month ago about esoteric statutory law.
    iu

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm going to jump out and wildly speculate, even before the end of the argument. Case gets reversed and remanded (original counsel reinstated), primarily because there is not a good record and no hearing, perhaps with instructions to hold the hearing in order to make a record about the reasons for disqualification.

Even if without those instructions, the Court could still do it and start the process over again, but (hopefully) with a better record.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I'm going to jump out and wildly speculate, even before the end of the argument. Case gets reversed and remanded (original counsel reinstated), primarily because there is not a good record and no hearing, perhaps with instructions to hold the hearing in order to make a record about the reasons for disqualification.

Even if without those instructions, the Court could still do it and start the process over again, but (hopefully) with a better record.
    If I recall correctly, weren’t the counsel dismissed because they themselves or others, allowed to make secure information public? Don’t recall the exact issues but that’s all I remember.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    If I recall correctly, weren’t the counsel dismissed because they themselves or others, allowed to make secure information public? Don’t recall the exact issues but that’s all I remember.
    Technically they weren't dismissed though they resigned. From the transcript, they judge cited a list of reasons going back almost a year, with the leak being only the most recent one. The attorneys then withdrew, saying they had no choice because they had not been given any notice that they were being accused of other misconduct, and thus had no opportunity to prepare a defence.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That was one of the reasons, specifically crime scene photos. That crime scene photos were leaked from one of the defense attorney's offices has been admitted, but the fault of the attorney is disputed.

Reactions: Mij

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Technically they weren't dismissed though they resigned. From the transcript, they judge cited a list of reasons going back almost a year, with the leak being only the most recent one. The attorneys then withdrew, saying they had no choice because they had not been given any notice that they were being accused of other misconduct, and thus had no opportunity to prepare a defence.
    Yes- that's where it gets dicey. They say that they said they would withdraw, but never did. Then they tried to file new appearances (entering the case again) and that was rejected. It is very convoluted.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana

This process, while at least creating official records, rebuttals and whatnot, seems like a disaster to the accused. I make no claims as to his innocence. I'm simply pointing out that we're suppose to ascribe to the idea of him having a presumption of innocence. Leaving him to sit around for years waiting on the courts to end their pissing match seems unfair. This has become a mess. Hat tip to HoughMade for keeping us laypersons up to speed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I expected fast, but this is FAST. Attorneys reinstated- all other requested relief denied.

Attachments

• order-other-2024-23S-OR-311.pdf
      116.6 KB · Views: 12
    Top Bottom