• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    I was curious if the birds were gobbling much once they hit the ground this morning? I wont be able to get to the woods till Saturday morning ( ^%$#@!* work).

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Saw 2 this evening driving down to the farm to mushroom hunt. One along the creek and one running out of my driveway into my woods across the road. They're starting to repopulate in our area again.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Heard gobbles at sun up, saw a hen 100 yards to my left, then had a gold F150 pull in to the field and run the birds off....talk about pissed. Got here at 6am so they could trespass well after sun up.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Heard gobbles at sun up, saw a hen 100 yards to my left, then had a gold F150 pull in to the field and run the birds off....talk about pissed. Got here at 6am so they could trespass well after sun up.

Wow, I'd be pissed too!

So you going to post a separate thread about the ensuing encounter? Or did you just relocate?

I get very few days to hunt (probably 3 or 4 tops) and I'd be PISSED if that happened on my or my families private property.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I tried to move... then buried my truck in a wet field.

Should have just packed up and went home and got the boat...

No telling when I'll get my truck back...

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I got rained on.

But the it let up to just a sprinkle. Then the sun came out and it was really nice for about 3 minutes. Then the rain started again. Then there was some hail. Then it rained hard. Dropped off to a sprinkle. Started raining full on again. Then backed down to a steady rain. Then a little lightning and it got windy, so the rain was blowing sideways at times. Then it rained straight down for a while then sprinkled again then back to rain.

A few hens walked by during all that.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    My morning was like everyone elses, wet and muddy. I saw a coyote and 3 deer. Got home around 10:30, I had enough. At 1 I was back at it on another farm. Around 2 I saw movement to the west, coyote! He had every intention of eating my two hen decoys. I let him get within about 30 yds before I interrupted his day with a load of number 4's. :draw: Needless to say that was the end of his day. Had a lone hen come in to my calling about 6:15pm, she was inside of 10 yds from me but that was all for the day. Thursday morning I saw 1 jake and I sat for some time with no success. I went to 2 other woods and did some running and gunning only to find a few morels. I headed to another farm at 4 ooclock and got settled in, started calling, by 4;30 I had a jake coming across the field but he went the other way. I clucked at him and heard a hen behind me, she came and went. 5:15, threw out some yelps and heard movement behind me, 5 jakes and a tom. I had my back against a fence and they were ont he other side 5 feet from me. Then they were gone. 6:45 did more yelps and saw 5 tkys coming to my dekes, they ran right to them, all jakes. They stayed about 10 minutes then left. Better days to come and good experience. A great hunt...

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Saw a nice tom this morning while hunting with the wife. It was about 200 yards away, called it in to 75 yards where it met a hen and disapeared. There were 1-3 deer around him the whole time. Pretty awesome even though I never fired my gun.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    So you have to buy a 25 dollar turkey liesence and a 7 dollar stamp for the spring and then do it again in the fall??? how is that worth the money? Sounds like I'm not turkey hunting...

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    no. Lifetim Comprehensive hunting and fishing license covers the stamp. I would have to buy the duck and goose stamp and the trout and salmon stamp...if I hunted duck or goose or fished for trout or salmon. I confirmed this with a CO at ther Boat Sport and Travel Show.

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Seems as if the birds are done breeding around here. Not hearing very many gobble. I shot a jake last evening. Had a tom and 9 jakes come in behind me. The jake come down to a fence and was watching my decoy. I was using the call that Selinoid44 had made for me. Good luck to the rest of you guy's and woman

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I've seen quite a few jakes. This morning (Saturday), and only saw two hens. Not one gobble. Now I talked to some other hunters in the area and they had gobbling goin on all morning. I just gotta think the toms arent in the area that I was in today. The good news is they will be back in there. Just gotta be there at the right time. It's still early. Congrats on the bird Frank!

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Had the most unbelievabletime saturday morning . Got a 23 lbs tom , 22mm spurs . as soon as I shot , 7 more toms dropped from the trees all around me . coolest thing i've ever seen . all done at 6:45 . probably never have that kind of luck again .

Top Bottom