• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    A buddy called me up and told me that there are some turkeys on his property that are in bad need of some killin. I know season ended in October and the bag limit is 1 per season. My friend says there are around 75-80 turkeys in a single gang on his land and they are a nuisance. Is there any way to legally cull this group of birds even though they are out of season?

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    DNR doesn't specify turkey as a nuisance creature. If they are " committing or about to commit depredations upon ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock, or wildlife or concentrated in numbers and in a manner that constitutes a health hazard or nuisance as provided under 50 CFR 16 (federal law)" you might contact DNR and see if they might fall into said category.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    ask him if he is willing to wait until spring. i will be more than happy to come to his place with a group of family and friends and we will all tag one!

but they're right. ^^

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Turkeys bunch up this time of the year. By spring they will be a attended again..
    This... it's natural for them to bunch up in groups this time of year. I've seen flocks of 50+ many times around this time of year. He's just going to have to tough it out. I doubt DNR will issue any depredation permits.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Turkey out of season????

A buddy called me up and told me that there are some turkeys on his property that are in bad need of some killin. I know season ended in October and the bag limit is 1 per season. My friend says there are around 75-80 turkeys in a single gang on his land and they are a nuisance. Is there any way to legally cull this group of birds even though they are out of season?

Saw on the local news last night (indy) man lost his gun some cash and they added some jail time for deep frying an illegal turkey???? (could be mis-stated I was laughing so hard about the "Illegal Turkey")

Just wondering if the Turkey flew in from Mexico without a green card.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Turkeys bunch up this time of the year. By spring they will be spread out again..

Oddly, I just spotted a huge group in a field across from where I work yesterday. I keep saying I want to try turkey hunting but never get around to it. It's official, this next season I'm trying it!!!!

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I have been very tempted the property that I deer hunt is loaded with them and I am going to try to harvest one with my crossbow as soon as late archery season comes in.

Top Bottom