• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Got out of pool and walked around by it and ran into a turkey! Wasn’t scared..???…looked really hot. So got garden hose and bucket and he drank like crazy! Then went back into the field. Sister said one came out of woods and hung around there small pool today also. Don’t know anyone who has turkeys around. Gotta be domestic…. ? Or just that desperate for water?

Attachments

• 4A60B6B5-BD99-42CA-9639-B8871925A0AF.jpeg
      4A60B6B5-BD99-42CA-9639-B8871925A0AF.jpeg
      171.8 KB · Views: 46

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Got out of pool and walked around by it and ran into a turkey! Wasn’t scared..???…looked really hot. So got garden hose and bucket and he drank like crazy! Then went back into the field. Sister said one came out of woods and hung around there small pool today also. Don’t know anyone who has turkeys around. Gotta be domestic…. ? Or just that desperate for water?
    Don’t know exactly where you are located in NC IN. This area had no turkeys 20+ years ago but now large populations.

1106B918-FC10-455A-BF49-BBC0A167B04A.jpeg

These 2 were just outside our great room 1 day last winter. Have had probably 30 at a time in the yard.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    For as wary as they are in the spring, there are times that wild turkeys act like barnyard birds. I've had to stop and shoo them out of the road before because they wouldn't move out of the way on their own.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    We have a farm just down the road from our property in Perry County that raises turkeys for Thanksgiving. They look identical to wild birds. Not saying that's what this is, but people alot of times think barnyard birds are always white, which is not always the case.
    It does amaze me how dumb wild birds can be sometimes, especially Jakes.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    We have a farm just down the road from our property in Perry County that raises turkeys for Thanksgiving. They look identical to wild birds. Not saying that's what this is, but people alot of times think barnyard birds are always white, which is not always the case.
    It does amaze me how dumb wild birds can be sometimes, especially Jakes.
    Jakes are like young teenage boys… enough said.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    My sisters old house was nestled in the woods, they had turkeys that would eat out of your hand. It was pretty neat until spring time when the old Tom got aggressive… here took a liking to my daughter, or disliking :dunno:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've seen a lone hen within 1.5 miles of my house but I've never seen one closer than that and have never heard one gobble around here. Hopefully someday. If they do ever inhabit the creekline I'd plant some pines to shield the road and plant a little food plot for them just to keep them around.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Kosciusko county
    262341A7-C469-42FC-B837-BB9E3E033D08.jpeg
    Wild turkey are definitely making a comeback back in my home state of Maryland.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I've seen a lone hen within 1.5 miles of my house but I've never seen one closer than that and have never heard one gobble around here. Hopefully someday. If they do ever inhabit the creekline I'd plant some pines to shield the road and plant a little food plot for them just to keep them around.
    I saw parts of one in a guys car, it went through his windshield when he was going 60+ about 5 miles from my house. If it would have hit a foot foot and a half farther over he would have been going to the hospital if he was lucky. It looked like someone threw a bowling ball through the windshield. Dented the edge of the roof where it meets the windshield pretty good. There are some around here, just not that many yet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom