• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THarris88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Well Portage walmart had it sccording you the app and when I called. They said they had Tulla and Federal.

But OF COURSE when I get there the Tulla ammo was sold out.

I asked if they had opened the case to sell any..yhey told me no.

I KNOW that they bought it up before I got there 30 mins later.

Still got 150 rounds of federal so I can't complain..

Smh at shady walmart employees

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Seriously there is nothing wrong with Tula ammo from my viewpoint especially considering that it's often less expensive than other brands. While they do make brass-cased ammo, most Tula ammo you see is steel cased. Some people claim that steel-cased ammo will wear your gun out faster and that may be true, but I think you will never shoot enough of the stuff to actually do that. some folks don't like it because the steel cases are considered by some to be un-reloadable. But some people do reload them. Of course if you are not a reloader then it doesn't matter. Some ranges have contracts to sell their spent "brass" to reloaders and will not allow you to use steel-based ammo because they or the reloader don't want to sort steel from brass cases although that's really easy with a magnet.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Had a friend at a firing range getting ready to drop a remaining 30 rounds of a box of 50 into a garbage can. I said "whoa! What are you doing?" He said "this Tulammo is junky stuff.....it keeps jamming up mine and my wife's Glocks".

I told him I would take it 'because it wouldn't be a problem for my Sig'. I fired up the 30 rounds. I turned around afterward to jokingly smirk at my buddy. He and his wife were scampering off as fast as they could. Didn't want to hear it I suppose.

Tulammo is dirty stuff but it fires great. It may be a bit secondary on accuracy maybe because of steel cases or whatever but I've never had a failure with the stuff.

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    I've had no problems with Tula either and shot hundreds of rounds through different guns. It is pretty dirty, but I clean each gun after shooting anyway so it doesn't bother me at all. I can't recall one failure with it. If you are just going to plink with it, have at it.

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    I love Tulla ammo!!! It's pretty much all I've shot in my AR's the last few months as it was all I could really find consistently. The last 1500 I picked up a 500 or so rounds of .223 and I also bought some at Knob Creek a few weeks ago.The stuff is good to go in my book.Not to mention the fact that there .223 uses boxer primers instead of berdan so it makes reloading easier. I must of took home 500 or so cases from the range last night that people left behind.The range officer gave me a funny look for picking up steel cased ammo but once I told him that the stuff is reloadable despite popular opinion he said have at it.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    The following Wal-Marts have Tula .223 in stock right now. You can have it all.

Bedford
    Carmel
    Greensburg
    Hammond
    La Porte
    Madison
    Merrillville
    Newburgh
    North Vernon
    Princeton
    Schererville
    Tell City
    Corydon
    Evansville
    Fishers
    Hammond
    Linton

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The following Wal-Marts have Tula .223 in stock right now. You can have it all.

Bedford
    Carmel
    Greensburg
    Hammond
    La Porte
    Madison
    Merrillville
    Newburgh
    North Vernon
    Princeton
    Schererville
    Tell City
    Corydon
    Evansville
    Fishers
    Hammond
    Linton

Camby had some earlier today.... all gone now. I shoot the .223 in the backyard at 50yds and its fine for plinking, it is dirtier though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    TulAmmo is Glock food. Runs fine in my gun. It is dirty and not loaded as hot but otherwise seems to function fine.

Top Bottom