• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brwnfldl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Went through with an order of the 1k round deal from Centerfire Systems. This ammo turned out to be completely unstable in my AR with a 16" 1-9 twist barrel. Every round left scattered boat tails on the targets. I Then shot some Remington UMC 55gr and every shot was dead on. I'm ruling out any barrel damage, any suggestions as to why this ammo is tumbling around. I've used the others like brown/silver bear and Wolf, this has never occured. Also the primers were being unseated from the case after being fired. Should I stop using this ammo or try to mow the lawn with it.

Last edited:

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    If the primers are shifting out souds like the casing has to much headspace for your rifle. how far are they sticking out. would not shoot anymore of it.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Most definitely stop firing this ammunition. My AR's have crapped out many rounds of Tula (Wolf), with no consequences. Maybe you got some bad stuff, maybe it is the rifle. Maybe it's you :D. Let us know what happens, I shoot a lot of Tula, as I am financially impaired.

Top Bottom