• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I have been looking into carrying a spair mag with me. I normally CC. I have been thinking about getting an IWB mag holder to go with my IWB holster. Does anyone on ingo have any experience with IWB holster + mag pouch on the weak side or mag pouches in general?

I have been doing some research on the interwebernets and there is not much material on IWB mag carry. So I assume it is not main stream enough to find any thoughts on it.

I was browsing IWB mag pouches and I came across this gem and I think it is the one I am leaning in its direction.IWB Mag Carriers - Dual or Single

I am just looking for thoughts, opinions, and first hand experiences. Thanks in advance guys.

ETA: I am wanting the double mag carrier and the magazines are double stack XD mags. So I know they will be a little thicker then single stacks.

:patriot:

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Try contacting INGO member millsusaf - he makes custom Kydex and hybrid holsters similar to crossbreed. I'm sure he could hook you up and beat Crossbreed's price. He's a good guy and makes a great holster.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Never really considered this. I either wear carpenter jeans or cargo pants so the mag just goes in the leg pockets. In those times that I CAN'T wear those pants, it is a hassle putting it in the regular pocket.

I've always taken issue with the mag pouches I've seen cause they all had a hook and loop flap and opening that flap in a hurry is nearly impossible. I like the one shown in Minuteman's link, but would be interested in anyone suggestions as well.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Look around for a while and don't be in a hurry to get something. Crossbreed has good stuff, and this looks like the new design I've been reading about. You could order one and send it back within the two week trial period if you don't like it :dunno:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've been CC for most of the last 14 years (1+ yr off for deployment). I carry a Glock27 in either a BladeTech IWB or a Raven Concealment IWB holster. I've got a GALCO IWB mag carrier which I rarely wear because it doesn't fit well with my usual belts. Over the years I've experimented with all sorts of IWB carry options but at present I have a leather 2 mag pocket carrier that I made and I either carry the extra mags in my back pocket or a thigh pocket if I have one available.

You pretty much need to get a kydex mag carrier for good retention and stability. I have an IWB setup for a folding knife, pocket tool, and my EDC flashlight which Raven Concealment made for me - twice. The problem with multiple-mag carriers is that you have to place them where they won't flex much (if they're made of kydex) or you can't get them so low that you can't access them (GALCO concealment).

I actually had some decent luck using modified cheap Glock mag carriers that were popular about 10 years ago, but those got either lost or wore out.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I've been making some holsters and sheaths out of kydex lately and would like to try my hand at this. If you send me 2 mags and five bucks for return shipping I'll be happy to make you one and send you back the mags and carrier.
    Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom