• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've heard from dozens of 'conservatives' that the Federal Government should model their unconstitutional security agencies after the Israeli Police State model. Well, TSA is starting to move that direction.

Soon you'll be interrogated before being 'allowed' to travel. You'll answer personal questions, and if you sweat or break eye contact, challenge the agents in any way or exercise your 4th amendment or right to remain silent, you'll be pulled aside and groped, searched, radiated, & looked at naked.

Welcome to Israel.

TSA to Implement Israel-Style Airport Security Procedures
    Under the SPOT program, as passengers hand over their boarding passes and identification, specially trained agents will ask three to four questions — from “Where have you been?” to “Do you have a business card?” and “Where are you traveling?” — while looking for “micro expressions,” such as lack of eye contact, that might hint at nefarious intent.

Suspicious individuals will be pulled aside for more questioning, full-body scans and pat-downs.
    TSA to put Hub fliers on the spot
    “It’s an ineffective waste of taxpayer dollars that has the potential and the reality of leading to profiling based on race and ethnicity,” said Massachusetts ACLU executive director Carol Rose, who dismissed SPOT as “security theater.”

israeli_soldier_points_gun_at_father_and_child.jpg

In Israel you have the right to remain disarmed and submissive.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I guess I would rather have someone ask me a couple questions than be strip searched and a finger stuck up my bunghole. I just have my doubts that the TSA goobers will be as capable as the Israeli folks.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Israel has their own internal issues to deal with, So I don't fault them their own strategies. It's their country, it's their business how they deal with them.

But to hell with the idea of that sort of procedural security here.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    "where have you been" ---- (silence)

"Do you have a business card" ----- (silence)

"Where are you traveling" ------- (silence)

^ The answer I should be allowed to give to these and every intrusive government flunky who thinks he needs to know about my personal business.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I guess I would rather have someone ask me a couple questions than be strip searched and a finger stuck up my bunghole.
    I'd rather be treated like this was still America.

Israel has their own internal issues to deal with, So I don't fault them their own strategies. It's their country, it's their business how they deal with them.
    They also have no constitution to restrain government and the citizens have no real rights to speak of.

"where have you been" ---- (silence)

"Do you have a business card" ----- (silence)

"Where are you traveling" ------- (silence)
    You will submit to government questioning or else, slave.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Folks, this will be layered on top of feeling up your "resistance". You're still going to be probulated one way or another.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Training people to be able to accurately read "micro expressions" would take a lot of time. I'm sure they are going to send half-trained people out to randomly pick folks out of the crowd. I guess it's time to start driving everywhere. The only way this is going to end is by the airlines struggling so badly that they get some lobbyists after the politicians.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I agree with several other comments already made. It's just like taxes (theft), and arrogant politicians sitting in our courthouses, if enough people say, and mean NO, all at once, it goes away overnight. JUST DON'T FLY!!! Let the TSA stand in abandoned airport terminals and grope themselves.

Side note, question to Rambone. Haven't I heard you say we should be doing this the way the Israelis do it? If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Let the TSA stand in abandoned airport terminals and grope themselves.
    The Federal Government probably wouldn't have a problem bankrupting another industry with their asinine policies. But it won't happen because too many Americans excuse this tyranny and accept it as necessary. They'll keep flying.

Side note, question to Rambone. Haven't I heard you say we should be doing this the way the Israelis do it? If I'm mistaken, I apologize.
    I think the government should be out of it and airlines promote competing security models for passengers to choose from. I think the best security that passengers are ever going to find is when they are allowed to defend themselves from hijackers using carry-on weapons.

I think the Israeli government is more anti-freedom than the Feds, and that's saying a lot. I don't want to model America after their Police State.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the Israeli government is more anti-freedom than the Feds, and that's saying a lot. I don't want to model America after their Police State.

Of course they are much more pro-freedom than any other country in that region.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I just have my doubts that the TSA goobers will be as capable as the Israeli folks.

The general TSA flunky couldn't handle it currently. This type of interview is not a minimum-wage level skill. It takes time to train and a certain level of intelligence to handle properly. That is the biggest practical obstacle.

I'm not thrilled about this, but I would far prefer it over the current security theater that is now in place.

Top Bottom