• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I resemble that remark. :-) I had a handful of takeaways that I need to work on that are fairly basic skills. I was apparently taking them for granted.
    Feels like I get reminded over and over how much more important A zone hits are than raw times and just keep forgetting. One mike is time enough to sink three well aimed make up shots. Double that for FTN if you lose your place, which is easy to do on some stages.

Next month's primary weapon won't give me a choice. It'll have to be slow but clean.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What are the weighted values of things again?
    Points down 1= 1 second
    (FTN) Failure to neutralize 1=?
    (M)isses 1=?
    (PCD) Procedural 1=?
    FTN is +5 sec

M is +5 sec

Procedural is +5 sec

Handicap is subtracted, -4 sec for heavy class and I can't remember for irons.

So that's five whole seconds you can take to turn a miss into an A zone hit.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Fudge ballroom slice! Those darn switched rifle pistol targets are my lunch
    I might have put a spray paint dot on one row and stacked barrels for the doorway, personally. I know we've done that stage with more distance between the rows, but maybe it was on another bay.

The side berms aren't very tall, there's limitations in how close to the 180 we can put targets.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    I live very near batesville, so I may be able to help with set up next match. I would also be interested, and willing to help with some stage design if you give me an idea of what kinda expectations you want out of the stages. I have some experience in this just pm me if you’re interested in some help in that area.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    I live in Greensburg and I have always wanted to try competing in a match.

Is this a good match to attend for a first competitive match? I don't want to win but just want to have fun and improve my fitness and weapon handling skills. I have been shooting my whole life at both public and private ranges and safety is my number one concern.

My equipment is basic GI stuff. M4 style carbine with iron sights, a GI web sling, Jericho 941f with GI M12 holster and ALICE magazine pouches. I have a pile of used STANAGS but I only have one pistol magazine so far.

I learned of this sport from watching InrangeTV on youtube, is it anything like that?

(I was talking to someone on reddit about this match but just wanted to see if anyone here has some advice)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I live in Greensburg and I have always wanted to try competing in a match.

Is this a good match to attend for a first competitive match? I don't want to win but just want to have fun and improve my fitness and weapon handling skills. I have been shooting my whole life at both public and private ranges and safety is my number one concern.

My equipment is basic GI stuff. M4 style carbine with iron sights, a GI web sling, Jericho 941f with GI M12 holster and ALICE magazine pouches. I have a pile of used STANAGS but I only have one pistol magazine so far.

I learned of this sport from watching InrangeTV on youtube, is it anything like that?

(I was talking to someone on reddit about this match but just wanted to see if anyone here has some advice)
    This is very much in the vein of an IRTV match, just a little more constrained on the resources. 3/4 stages are close range and there isn't much steel available, so most targets are paper. If we do use steel, please don't shoot it with M855 or other steel penetrator ammunition.

That gear is fine. I've run some ALICE before. Make very sure that holster fits the gun securely and can't fall out if you run. I've seen it happen and it's a DQ for the day. As the holster doesn't cover the trigger all that well, be sure to use the safety.

Modern adjustable two point slings are better for transition, but you can use a regular web sling. Be sure you can sling it without flagging people behind you.

You will require, at minimum, three magazines for rifle and three magazines for pistol. We load to 10 rounds and stages are all under 30 rounds each not counting make up shots. Total round count is a little under 100 each.

This match is very friendly to new shooters and very accessible from a gear and ammo standpoint.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    This is very much in the vein of an IRTV match, just a little more constrained on the resources. 3/4 stages are close range and there isn't much steel available, so most targets are paper. If we do use steel, please don't shoot it with M855 or other steel penetrator ammunition.

That gear is fine. I've run some ALICE before. Make very sure that holster fits the gun securely and can't fall out if you run. I've seen it happen and it's a DQ for the day. As the holster doesn't cover the trigger all that well, be sure to use the safety.

Modern adjustable two point slings are better for transition, but you can use a regular web sling. Be sure you can sling it without flagging people behind you.

You will require, at minimum, three magazines for rifle and three magazines for pistol. We load to 10 rounds and stages are all under 30 rounds each not counting make up shots. Total round count is a little under 100 each.

This match is very friendly to new shooters and very accessible from a gear and ammo standpoint.
    This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will gather my resources and try to get registers as soon as possible. Thank you for the response.

I did have another question though. Do I need to be a member of Coonhunters club? What are your thoughts on that sportsman's club?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I will gather my resources and try to get registers as soon as possible. Thank you for the response.

I did have another question though. Do I need to be a member of Coonhunters club? What are your thoughts on that sportsman's club?
    You don't have to be a member.

I don't live close enough, but IMO it's the deal of the century.

Revdev86

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Central Indiana
    Always the 4th Sunday of the month.

Great match! Wow, the rust I've accumulated for this! I have to do this more constantly. Really fun and safe group.
    Thanks for the reply.

After reading through the comments sounds like something I need to do. Do I pre register on practiscore or just show up day off to Tri County?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Thanks for the reply.

After reading through the comments sounds like something I need to do. Do I pre register on practiscore or just show up day off to Tri County?
    Just show up. These matches aren't on Practiscore.

Top Bottom