Truck, rear seat pet protectors - What do you all recommend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Looking for a rear seat protector. I have two GSDs and a Silverado 1500 with a rear seat. What have you folks tried? What works best? What to avoid? These dogs love to ride with me in my beater truck and I do not worry about the seats there, but my newer truck (so far) is off limits to them. I want to change this. The seat protector is for the two on the chair. Unfortunately we lost the old girl on the bottom.
    Thanks in advance for your input. processed-375707ca-f911-4c78-a775-4483096444f0_Zpz5t53V.jpeg

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I use a weathertech floor mat and seat protector in my F150 and Escape. The mat is good for muddy paws and can easily be removed and washed or shaken out. The seat protector comes out easily as well and can go in the washing machine. I try not to wash it too often and just fold it up and toss in the bed if humans will be using the seats. I got my seat cover used on Facebook marketplace or craigslist, I forget, but saved about 50% over new. I have daschunds and they gather a lot of dirt since they're so close to the ground

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I recently got one off of Amazon. It was a cheap one at $25 on sale, but it looks like it would be ok for the Corgis. I mainly wanted to just keep their claws from scratching the leather, keep them contained in the back seat and prevent them from jumping out of the door when I open it. Took Abby to the vet the other day and it seemed to be fine.

Attachments

• 3A602F96-BBDB-4433-AB1B-3E6813E47D82.jpeg
      3A602F96-BBDB-4433-AB1B-3E6813E47D82.jpeg
      244.8 KB · Views: 5

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    When @PhotoNinja got her '14 Cherokee, I got her this:
    Amazon product ASIN B00F97C2GY
    It was for her 65lb. Brittany, and has been used a lot. I like it because it is heavy fabric like cordura nylon, with a softer fabric(they call it velvet) that is just as durable. The soft fabric keeps the dog from sliding around everywhere, yet is durable and easy to clean. It has kept her leather seats looking like new.

Edit to add: PetEgo also has a hammock style for rear seats:
    Amazon product ASIN B006BAQNGI

Last edited:

efd1295

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Northern IN
    This is what I'm using in my 2500 Silverado. Has held up great for the last two years. Every once in a while, I shake it out and throw it in the washing machine. It hasn't ripped or faded and has held up to my 70lb lab (who also goes with me everywhere). Leather seats underneath the cover still look like new.

Amazon product ASIN B01LYZLKE8

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I bought a cover from Weathertech and it sux. I have 2 GSD's also and it is slippery on top of my leather rear seats in my 2012 Silverado. I tucked it in like the instructions show to no avail. I gal I worked with that owns an awning shop suggested I have her make a cover out of sail cloth type canvas with non-slip sewn into it. Im so displeased with this WT that I may have to spend the big buck$ and commission a grande cover.
    If I do, I'll take pics. The dogs don't ride with me too often but it is such a hassle when they do. Normally we are all in the old lady's 4 door Jeep Wrangler. They have the full area with the seats folded down but we have a divider that keeps them out of the front. That part is made by Curgo.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Looking for a rear seat protector. I have two GSDs and a Silverado 1500 with a rear seat. What have you folks tried? What works best? What to avoid? These dogs love to ride with me in my beater truck and I do not worry about the seats there, but my newer truck (so far) is off limits to them. I want to change this. The seat protector is for the two on the chair. Unfortunately we lost the old girl on the bottom.
    Thanks in advance for your input. View attachment 234163

Good looking crew there!

Top Bottom