• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They also employ Dale Monroe. He was ready and willing to shoot Mrs. Weaver while holding her baby. Having him as an employee or consultant is even worse than J Fled...........

longbow, good find right there.

On a side note... have you boycotted dicks or are you still giving them away for free on craigslist? :):

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Mr. Weis has no affiliation with Troy Asymmetric or any of its affiliated companies. It was the intention of Troy Asymmetric to retain him as a contract employee for government-specific programs. Troy Industries had no knowledge of Mr. Weis’ political leanings or stance on the Second Amendment as we are not involved in Chicago politics.

So nobody at Troy read the guy's resume before they hired him? It had to have "Chicago Police Chief" on it somewhere. Nobody typed "Jody Weis" into Google and spent 5 minutes doing some research?

I call BS. There is NO WAY that Troy didn't know who this guy was and what he stood for before they hired him. Troy got caught climbing into bed with the enemy and now they're backpedaling so fast they're tripping over their own feet.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    So nobody at Troy read the guy's resume before they hired him? It had to have "Chicago Police Chief" on it somewhere. Nobody typed "Jody Weis" into Google and spent 5 minutes doing some research?

I call BS. There is NO WAY that Troy didn't know who this guy was and what he stood for before they hired him. Troy got caught climbing into bed with the enemy and now they're backpedaling so fast they're tripping over their own feet.
    It could be worse.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Sure, always have, always will...I'm not trashing anyone, I'm just trying to figure how the members here have chosen to support one and not the other when it sounds like they may have both been in the same situation?

I personally didn't condemn do to his actions in running from a fight! That has no effect on me - However his stance on "gun control" and firearm restrictions DOES effect me. Being that he enforced and apparently approved of - I am certain he advised the Mayor etc., - major restrictions of the people of Chicago - thus the rest of Illinois, makes him a person I will not ever like or in any way enhance his pocketbook. Any business that he or one of his Ilk work for is on my "do not do business with" list.

jameswoods1099

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Springfield
    We thank everyone for their opinions on Dale Monroe. We are still reviewing Mr. Monroe’s relationship with Troy Asymmetric and are looking in to the claims that are being made online.

We have reviewed the 1995 Ruby Ridge Congressional testimony and found at 1:42:35 of the taping, it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first. http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1

The attribution of the statement on gunssavelife.com to Mr. Monroe is incorrect. After reviewing the testimony, we are confident that you, too, will find that it is indeed Wenger that made the statement, not Monroe.

Monroe was an FBI HRT member assigned a mission which turned tragic. We are saddened by the events at Ruby Ridge and recognize the significance of the tragedy. If you’ve never worn a uniform, you might not understand why Monroe was in the situation he was in, but if you have worn a uniform, you know how it is to follow orders in a fluid situation.

We’re weighing a difficult decision with many facets and things to consider. One thing we know for sure: Mr. Monroe did not state that he would have fired first. We do hope you will take the time to review all of the available materials on Ruby Ridge and Dale Monroe, and welcome your comments, as they will most certainly help us to reach a final, informed decision.

jameswoods1099

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Springfield
    I wonder how Dale Monroe or Jody Weis affect how Troy Industries products work..... my stuff works just fine and I don't feel the need to get out the pitchforks or round up the lynch mob. I could jump on the bandwagon but I refuse to join into the hype, I am a gun owner and proud of it, I am able to purchase whatever products I choose to. Do I support Troy Industries....YES, do I have an opinion on what is going on....YES but I thought this forum was about people coming together to talk about their love of guns and who are passionate about their INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. I think that we are here to offer up good knowledge, support and information about GUNS, HARDWARE and GUNS again. I doubt any single one of you on here are perfect myself included. We all have our crosses to bear, I have no personal agenda to sway people one way or another. I am normally quiet and I just stay below the radar, but I feel we need to get back to the REAL reason why we are ALL here, to talk about GUNS and SHOOTING THEM not sitting in the basement and stroking them. I want each and everyone of you that is able to go to the range this weekend, dig out that safe queen and SHOOT IT. Have a good time at the range. It is very easy to hide behind the keyboard and fire shots at people, we all know that it is true. For those that know me personally, this is very rare that do more than read on this forum. I am not pointing fingers, I am simply asking for all of to remember why we joined this site.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    James, welcome aboard. I may just dig out some of my safe queens next weekend over the Labor Day weekend and do some shooting. I do own a Troy Carbine, nice rifle btw.
    As you can see from my avatar I am a Rush fan, and this thread reminds me of one of my favorite Rush songs from the Moving Pictures album called "Witch Hunt"
    Part of the lyrics are: "Those who know what's best for us-Must rise and save us from ourselves"

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    I put this up tonight after Troy's Facebook page claimed we (Guns Save Life) were mistaken in our initial post.

At 1:03:30 in the video at the link, Dale Monroe believes both shots were justified.

At 2:16:50 in the video, Dale Monroe says he would have taken the shot if he would had the ability to take an accurate shot at the time.

Mr. Troy, throughout this entire mess, you folks have been hiding and obfuscating. You deserve kudos for canning Mr. Weis in a timely manner, although your initial statement was less than clear.

Then the issue of Mr. Monroe popped up and you deleted his page from your website, then the entire instructor roster (who else are you hiding on the payroll over at Troy Assymetric?). You wait until the end of business then release a link to this video you claim exonerates your man.

You wrote, and I quote: “ it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first.”

However, when we watch the video, Monroe says he believes both shots were justified and that he would have taken the shot if he’d been able to make an accurate shot.

Mr. Troy, you folks aren’t digging a hole.

You’re digging a well.

==============

The more they delay and hide things, the worse it's looking for them.

Monroe would have taken that shot. Heck, he admitted that he would have shot any of those men in the back that day.

Those aren't the kind of people I want to support when I buy guns, ammo, or firearm products.

John

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I wonder how Dale Monroe or Jody Weis affect how Troy Industries products work..... my stuff works just fine and I don't feel the need to get out the pitchforks or round up the lynch mob. I could jump on the bandwagon but I refuse to join into the hype, I am a gun owner and proud of it, I am able to purchase whatever products I choose to. Do I support Troy Industries....YES, do I have an opinion on what is going on....YES but I thought this forum was about people coming together to talk about their love of guns and who are passionate about their INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. I think that we are here to offer up good knowledge, support and information about GUNS, HARDWARE and GUNS again. I doubt any single one of you on here are perfect myself included. We all have our crosses to bear, I have no personal agenda to sway people one way or another. I am normally quiet and I just stay below the radar, but I feel we need to get back to the REAL reason why we are ALL here, to talk about GUNS and SHOOTING THEM not sitting in the basement and stroking them. I want each and everyone of you that is able to go to the range this weekend, dig out that safe queen and SHOOT IT. Have a good time at the range. It is very easy to hide behind the keyboard and fire shots at people, we all know that it is true. For those that know me personally, this is very rare that do more than read on this forum. I am not pointing fingers, I am simply asking for all of to remember why we joined this site.

To Jameswoods1099 (et alia),

To answer your question about how Mr. Monroe or Mr. Weis affect Troy Industries products is to oversimplify the importance of the dedication a company should show to all of its stakeholders and not just its direct product line.

As you have so stated every member of this board has an interest in "guns, hardware, and guns..." However, we also have a vested interest in defending the liberties that allows these products to be used by us. To ignore the financial support a company would give to an individual that has a proven, diametrically opposed position would be shortsighted for us as a community.

We should watch every company, from Auto Zone to CVS to Walgreens to determine how their financial support of interests that are opposed to ours can be mitigated by causing direct financial harm through boycotting and other means. This is NOT to say that people such as Mr. Weis do not have a right to their opinion, but that does not mean that we as firearms owners should support any business operation that supports Mr. Weis.

Troy Industries through its business connection to Mr. Weis be directly counterproductive to advancing the RTKBA, and this would put short term profits before longer term interests of protecting gun rights everywhere.

Each and every business has many stakeholders that are far more diverse than simply its stockholders or its vendors. It runs the risk of great peril to its continued profitability to act against the interests of any of its stakeholders, this community included. Troy Industries could well manufacture the best product in the world, but if, with its other hand, it is undermining our RTKBA then the quality of its product is irrelevant to those interested in the long term protection of our RTKBA. It needs to do more than make a good product, it needs to look at the entirety of its actions.

To simplify this forum membership to simply talking about guns is to be woefully unaware of the vast intelligence, focus, and diversity of our interests and resources. We are more than just people who shoot and enjoy firearms. We are dedicated to protecting that right with a variety of information and action so future generations have this liberty. We focus not on a narrow path but rather the entire strategic field of operations.

Welcome to INGO.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We thank everyone for their opinions on Dale Monroe. We are still reviewing Mr. Monroe’s relationship with Troy Asymmetric and are looking in to the claims that are being made online.

We have reviewed the 1995 Ruby Ridge Congressional testimony and found at 1:42:35 of the taping, it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first. http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1

The attribution of the statement on gunssavelife.com to Mr. Monroe is incorrect. After reviewing the testimony, we are confident that you, too, will find that it is indeed Wenger that made the statement, not Monroe.

Monroe was an FBI HRT member assigned a mission which turned tragic. We are saddened by the events at Ruby Ridge and recognize the significance of the tragedy. If you’ve never worn a uniform, you might not understand why Monroe was in the situation he was in, but if you have worn a uniform, you know how it is to follow orders in a fluid situation.

We’re weighing a difficult decision with many facets and things to consider. One thing we know for sure: Mr. Monroe did not state that he would have fired first. We do hope you will take the time to review all of the available materials on Ruby Ridge and Dale Monroe, and welcome your comments, as they will most certainly help us to reach a final, informed decision.

I put this up tonight after Troy's Facebook page claimed we (Guns Save Life) were mistaken in our initial post.

==============

The more they delay and hide things, the worse it's looking for them.

Monroe would have taken that shot. Heck, he admitted that he would have shot any of those men in the back that day.

Those aren't the kind of people I want to support when I buy guns, ammo, or firearm products.

John

:scratch: so which is it? Did Mr. Monroe indeed say it or not?

jameswoods1099

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Springfield
    from Troy Facebook
    The accusations that Mr. Monroe would have taken a shot at Vicki Weaver are false. His Congressional testimony affirms that had he a better vantage point, he was prepared to shoot at Kevin Harris, the armed combatant posing an immediate threat to him, his team, and everyone at the scene.

Tragedy lies in the fact that the shot intended for Kevin Harris reached its target, but also struck Vicki Weaver, positioned out of sight, behind a door. For the past 20 years, Mr. Monroe has shared his experiences across the country through many presentations and a television appearance. During these presentations, he explained the mistakes which led up to the tragedy and the valuable lessons learned from the event. While nothing can change what happened that day, Dale's firsthand account imparts valuable tools to our nation’s law enforcement. I'm confident that his experience at that incident taught him more than the other countless successful missions he completed as an FBI HRT Operator.

It's easy in an emotionally charged situation where a mother's life has been taken, to lose sight of the facts. In our most trying times and failures we have an opportunity to rise above and distinguish ourselves to be people of character and honor. I know Dale Monroe to be such a man.

As a Troy Asymmetric instructor, he has the opportunity to prevent future tragedies like Ruby Ridge. We are proud to have him on our team.

-Steve Troy

Top Bottom