Trip Report: Holiday Gun Shop Tour 2009!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    on your next trip are you going to visit places like Indy Trading Post,tactical shotgunner,Bradis? Ive been to 2 of those as well as a few of the others on your first trip and think they would be good reviews also.

On our original list of shops we had 15 places identified that included the three that you mentioned. There just wasn't enough time in the day to get to all of them so we balanced location, timing, and whether we had been there before.

We had both been to the three shops before and we'll visit again.

lovemywoods

(p.s. I see you're an Indy southsider. If you haven't yet, you should visit Elmores as well. Outstanding handgun collection, especially 1911 platform pistols.)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    on your next trip are you going to visit places like Indy Trading Post,tactical shotgunner,Bradis? Ive been to 2 of those as well as a few of the others on your first trip and think they would be good reviews also.

Bradis would not have been open while they were out - this week is the annual shutdown to do inventory.

TSG is not open on Mondays.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    How did you guys go about asking/telling them about INGO and taking pictures of the shop, as well as putting up this review? Did some of the places not want the inside of the store photographed?

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    How did you guys go about asking/telling them about INGO and taking pictures of the shop, as well as putting up this review? Did some of the places not want the inside of the store photographed?

We asked the salesperson if they knew about INGO and went on to tell them about the site if they didn't know much about it.

We asked permission to take pictures. At a couple of places, the person there didn't know whether the owner would approve so we didn't take interior pictures.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Fantastic job guys!
    I can't wait for the Southern Indiana AAR, some stops should be..... (:rolleyes:) interesting.

3 Suggested stops;
    Acme in Seymour
    Cosners in Bedford (:rolleyes:)
    MC Sports in Bloomington

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We asked the salesperson if they knew about INGO and went on to tell them about the site if they didn't know much about it.

We asked permission to take pictures. At a couple of places, the person there didn't know whether the owner would approve so we didn't take interior pictures.

I will also add that Butch at Guns & Ordnance offered to put a stack of INGO business cards on his handgun case before I even asked.

Bob at PSS raved about INGOers and the positive feedback he's received from them this past year-- he too took some business cards.

Ron at Target Sports was familiar with INGO and had his computer right behind the counter.

Mike at Ft. Liberty was well aware of INGO and I believe is a member here (or someone from Ft. Liberty is anyway).

Zach at Wyatt's had heard of INGO.

The guys at Premier admitted to not having computers :D.

Greg at BGF has always been a big INGO fan, and still is.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Man, from BGF you were so close to wanamaker guns it isnt even funny. Has anyone been there is a while? Last time I was there it wasnt the gem of the southeast side it used to be.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Man, from BGF you were so close to wanamaker guns it isnt even funny. Has anyone been there is a while? Last time I was there it wasnt the gem of the southeast side it used to be.

A friend of mine who lives in Shelbyville used to use them as his "go-to" shop, because of their extensive selection and knowledge of mil-surp long guns. Then he took a gun to them to have it re-parkerized (they contract that work out), and whoever they use made a complete botch of the job. The guys at Wanamaker wouldn't give my buddy the time of day as far as making it right, so he stopped going there. That was last year.

Never set foot in the joint, personally.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Fantastic job guys!
    I can't wait for the Southern Indiana AAR, some stops should be..... (:rolleyes:) interesting.

3 Suggested stops;
    Acme in Seymour
    Cosners in Bedford (:rolleyes:)
    MC Sports in Bloomington

Suggestion for your Southern Tour Bite the Bullet near Seymour. Bob Is a hell of a good guy. Wilson Combat Master Dealer as well as a Dillon precision Dealer.

Doug and Panama,
    Thanks for the ideas. I've written them down! :yesway:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I'd second Acme and add Kiesler's in Clarksville, and Ace Hardware in Scottsburg. They usually have some hot cashiers working.:rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Awesome Thread! Reps for the team!

Thanks to you guys for putting in the time and effort. And, yes, a northernly trip review would be awesome.

Top Bottom