• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Anybody familiar with these. Seems like the price is all over the place. From $450 all the way down to $199.
    I’m told and my google-fu suggests that this the same gun as the Citadel Warthog, Gforce GF1, Radikal Sa-1 among others.
    I have an online credit that it set to expire and would make it $150 with shipping and transfer fee included with my calculations.
    It it worth it?

Attachments

• 573E44D4-DD91-412E-AAA8-10703609ECE6.jpeg
      573E44D4-DD91-412E-AAA8-10703609ECE6.jpeg
      57.5 KB · Views: 13

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    What other options could you get for your online credit?

I do believe these guns are hit and miss. Some work. Some don't. If it's just a range toy I might take a chance on it. But if it's your SD shotgun I'd probably pass.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I have both the Tri-Star Raptor and the Citadel Warthog, my son uses these in 3-gun. They are both Turkish made gun and very similar, but not exactly the same. We have stripped all our Turkish shotguns side by side and while most parts are very close to interchanging, they are not exact.
    Most of these Turkish semiautos work on the same basic action with minor differences from brand to brand that is usually reflected in the price.
    The citadel was around $150 and is a little rougher than the tri-star that was about $300. My Weatherby SA-08 is a little nicer and more expensive than the tristar and a CZ is going to a step up from the weatherby, etc.
    I think tristar are good guns for the money and definitely not range toys. It took a couple matches to work the initial bugs out. After about 50 rounds of high brass to break it in, it has fed everything else perfectly while the citadel continues to have feeding issue. The only other issues were needing to locktight the top rail and sight and the buttstock bolt. For a tube fed, pistol grip, rifle sighted, semi auto, I think it’s a good deal in that price range if that’s the style your looking for.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I have the warthog ....feels very cheap but i of course expected that ....has ran what I've tried so far
    Reduced power slugs , cheap bird shot and old random shells I've had laying around all mixed up in a bag
    Fun range toy

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks! I’m curious now for the next video. Sounds like if I use the hotter rounds I should be fine. I see this video was just posted which is why I haven’t seen it. Another YouTuber I just watched said he’s on a 500 round streak of zero failures with 1300+ fps rounds
    Dads Citadel after break in was firing 2 3/4" 1190fps low brass 7.5 birdshot like a champ. As fast as you could pull the trigger. His buttstock came loose when firing 3" 1550fps BB loads. A 1/2" socket and extention along with lock tight took care of that problem. I was really impressed that a $99 semiautomatic shotgun could shoot so reliable.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thanks! I’m curious now for the next video. Sounds like if I use the hotter rounds I should be fine. I see this video was just posted which is why I haven’t seen it. Another YouTuber I just watched said he’s on a 500 round streak of zero failures with 1300+ fps rounds
    See above

Results...... Not good at all.

Top Bottom