Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Amateur..

Try this instead:

EX8000_HERO_GALLERY_EXCVTR.jpg

I've gotten to play with those in real life...those are lots of fun! Dig an Olympic sized swimming pool in just one scoop!

Unfortunately the same guy was back tonight. Got a text from a neighbor they saw his truck parked in the same place it was Saturday night. We've connected a few dots and he lives in the area and knows some folks that live near by, so we're going to try to work that angle a bit and see where this goes.

Sorry to disappoint, but we're not at DEFCON 5 just yet and going to try to work this out as gentlemen.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ooh! I like it.

Will you limit it to digging? You could do some interesting things using the bucket as an impact tool.

wait until 4am and pull a "heeer's JOHNNNY!" through his bedroom wall" :laugh:

Since you know where he is parking, a Schrader valve tool could come in handy.

ABSOLUTELY. but not all the way out. just enough that he's airing up all 4 tires every other day.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've gotten to play with those in real life...those are lots of fun! Dig an Olympic sized swimming pool in just one scoop!

Unfortunately the same guy was back tonight. Got a text from a neighbor they saw his truck parked in the same place it was Saturday night. We've connected a few dots and he lives in the area and knows some folks that live near by, so we're going to try to work that angle a bit and see where this goes.

Sorry to disappoint, but we're not at DEFCON 5 just yet and going to try to work this out as gentlemen.

Here is hoping you can get this rectified in the manner you wish.
    Some people just will not accept that they are not welcome/can not come here.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Here is hoping you can get this rectified in the manner you wish.
    Some people just will not accept that they are not welcome/can not come here.

Thank you!

While some of the other options would certainly be immediately gratifying, its just completely out of character for me. I realize that so far trying to be "nice" about it isn't working, so being "firm" yet respectable is the next step.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Thank you!

While some of the other options would certainly be immediately gratifying, its just completely out of character for me. I realize that so far trying to be "nice" about it isn't working, so being "firm" yet respectable is the next step.

Let us know when you get to "dickhead" phase. That's when the fun starts. Don't post anything questionable on here. This stuff's forever.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK

dwright1983

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    I hunt private land and can't even leave stands out because someone will take them. Its ridiculous nothing is sacred anymore.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    My dad has a lot of trespassing on his place and he is way too nice. I talked my wife into letting my son skip school tomorrow so we'll head out tomorrow and spend the weekend. Nothing like getting to spend the weekend with his papaw and I'm feeling pretty good so I just might break out the 30/30 and do a little hunting. I'm usually nice the first time but after that I kinda lose it. They don't know I'm harmless so it usually works. Every one be safe this weekend. Dan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I own a good patch of hunting ground and have given exactly 1 person permission to hunt there. Twice he's pulled on to the property and twice some busybody who lives 1000 feet away has defended my property by calling the police on him for trespassing. She's nuts.

If people near my woods did this I would send them Christmas hams... ..

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I own land in southern Indiana, and can tell you that Trespassing, is the number one reason that people don't give out permission to hunt. There is just something about being on land that you know you should not be on that brings out the worst in people, or maybe it's just that kind of person is a trespasser. I have found beer cans strewn around, fences cut, found people on my lake in boats. No one gets permission to hunt, unless they are a friend first.
    One tactic you may try, is call the local Sheriff's dept. and tell them there is a vehicle on your land, and ask that a tow truck be dispatched to the location for it's removal "At landowners request". I worked for 17 years at the PD and Sheriff's Dept as an LEO and that is one way that we handled the issue, the landowner may have any vehicle removed form their property they wish. You cant take control of the vehicle, but may have it towed off your land to a private tow operators lot, and the owner pays the tow bill to have it removed. We had lots of farmers in our county call us, and we sent out the next wrecker on rotation to do a "Owners Request Removal".

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I own land in southern Indiana, and can tell you that Trespassing, is the number one reason that people don't give out permission to hunt. There is just something about being on land that you know you should not be on that brings out the worst in people, or maybe it's just that kind of person is a trespasser. I have found beer cans strewn around, fences cut, found people on my lake in boats. No one gets permission to hunt, unless they are a friend first.
    One tactic you may try, is call the local Sheriff's dept. and tell them there is a vehicle on your land, and ask that a tow truck be dispatched to the location for it's removal "At landowners request". I worked for 17 years at the PD and Sheriff's Dept as an LEO and that is one way that we handled the issue, the landowner may have any vehicle removed form their property they wish. You cant take control of the vehicle, but may have it towed off your land to a private tow operators lot, and the owner pays the tow bill to have it removed. We had lots of farmers in our county call us, and we sent out the next wrecker on rotation to do a "Owners Request Removal".

Thanks for the advice. We'll see how things go and if we run into him again...

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Years ago, I saw a guy sneaking onto my dad's property to squirrel hunt. He did not have permission. It took me several minutes to get to the spot where he entered the woods and I then went in looking for him. It was late August so all the leaves were still on. After not seeing or hearing him for awhile, I sat down under a large Oak tree and waited. Still no movement or noise. I figured he must have seen or heard me but figured he was close and just waiting me out.
    I finally pulled out my 1911 and emptied a full mag into a large limb, overhead. He quickly made himself known, as he was only about 15-20 yards from me and the rapid discharge of those .45s had him ready to **** himself.
    He quickly agreed that he did not have permission and that he would not get it in the future, due to his decision to trespass.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    This thread reminded me that I had 2 reflectors missing today. I stick them close to the trees I use my climber in. The land owner and one other guy are the only ones allowed in there. And they know about my reflectors. I was thinking about trail cams, but was afraid they would steal them too.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Well, Opening day went off fine. Stands and cameras were still there. We saw the guys truck in the area but not near our property. We did watch a couple of vehicles pull into a few of the lanes that access our ground, sit there for a couple minutes, then turn around and drive off. We'll see how things go the rest of the season. Last year we had a lot of problems the week after opening day.

Top Bottom