• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Same experience with ATT when their contractor pulling fiber (who got fired for incompetence after hitting underground power with a mini excavator(almost killing the operator) destroyed my yard.) repeatedly got trucks stuck, and left the ruts for me to deal with. On the second go around I was literally screaming at them from my deck.

When I called ATT to get it fixed? "Sorry sir, we cant open a ticket because you are not a customer."
    Luckily the guy behind us who also got screwed (though not as bad) is good friends with a C level downtown Indy. He was able to get it mostly cleaned up. But there are still spots that would take a couple dozen bags of topsoil to level. And my other neighbor? Hers is awful. Used to be flat but now there is a foot deep depression with a foot high dome of soil next to it. By now its been like that so long grass (weeds and Creeping Charlie ) has grown over it. But it wont be easy to fix because its RIGHT next to the comms pedistals. Go a little too deep and you're cutting low voltage lines.
    Similar experience with Frontier pulling fiber in our subdivision. They are hired a contractor to do the digging and install the boxes in the ground. They did a horrible sloppy job, fortunately they did not hit a underground power line. Some of the boxes in the ground had their cover just thrown on without being bolted down. Some were half in the ground. Tore up folks lawns. I went out to complain to them. Not one of them spoke English. I ended up calling the city to complain.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Similar experience with Frontier pulling fiber in our subdivision. They are hired a contractor to do the digging and install the boxes in the ground. They did a horrible sloppy job, fortunately they did not hit a underground power line. Some of the boxes in the ground had their cover just thrown on without being bolted down. Some were half in the ground. Tore up folks lawns. I went out to complain to them. Not one of them spoke English. I ended up calling the city to complain.
    After the power line accident they switched to a hydro vac. I had to fill in two holes in that elderly neighbor's yard. They were test holes to positively locate other lines. 10" across and several feet deep. It was either fill them in or break an ankle stepping in them while mowing her grass.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All of this stuff, complaints, and incidents are ALL covered in written contracts, deeds, and agreements. They are ALL negotiable when both parties are agreeing or NOT agreeing to the terms.

Any thing NOT in a written contract falls back to standard property ownership laws and ordinances in your state and county.

AND a ROW contract with one DOES NOT just automatically extend ROW to any one else unless it states that and you agree to it.

Top Bottom