• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I will be travelling thru IL in the near future. I know that I can carry on my IN LTCH while in my vehicle already. My question is, how does IL see the Shockwave firearms? I know they are treated as pistols in IN & most jurisdictions that I have found, so far. I plan on using it for vehicle/hotel security.
    If IL sees it as a pistol, I can keep it in my car, loaded & out of view. If they treat it as a long gun, it will need to be unloaded & inaccessible.
    I have already tried the IL State Police & it seems to be imposible to talk to an actual human being.
    Thanks in advance!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    To be safe, put it in a hard case, and lock the case. And make sure it is unloaded...and the ammo is stored in some other location. IL is not weapon friendly.

I despise having to travel across that state.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm curious about the assertion that if you conceal a Shockwave, it becomes an AOW. I've looked at the letter from BATFE to Mossberg with their opinion, and it says that ". . . if the subject firearm is concealed on a person, the classification with regard to NFA may change."

It says "may," not "does" or "will" or "shall." People seem to interpret this as if you conceal it, it automatically becomes an AOW. Is the "may" in the language BATFE's way of leaving a door open in their own opinion letter to f' with people later on?

https://www.mossberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Shockwave-Letter-from-ATF-3-2-17.pdf

Top Bottom