• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • when would be the best time?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    As some of you ladies know I have been inquiring about having an all ladies training session with HandK. I have spoken to him and he has agreed to lend us his expertise. So now we need to come up with a date and place. So if anyone has any land available in Northern Indiana and willing to let us train there I would greatly appreciate it. Please pipe in ladies if you have any idea's or you are wanting to take the training. Thanks again HandK!!!

Date: June 4th
    Place: Williamsport, IN (address will be sent via a pm closer to date)
    Time: 9 A.M
    Bring a side dish if you would like. I will update more as soon as I can.

This should help answer any question anyone might have without having to read through the entire thread. Thanks Gary!
    Originally Posted by HandK
    I was thinking June that is over 2 months away and it won't be to hot, and It will be a one day training event, Husbands are more than welcome, I have targets & Stands for them so no one will need to worry about bringing anything to shoot at!

Quote:
    You can use regular old full metal jacket ammo it will be cheaper than frangible! you need 500 rounds of ammo, gun, belt, extra mags for your gun, mag holder, outside the waist ban holster, comfortable clothes that you can move in, and same for shoes, hearing protection, eye protection, If some one could bring a folding table or two for the shooters to put there stuff on and do their reloading of mags that would be a good thing, and of course bring something to drink, This list will expand if I or anyone else thinks of anything please feel free to add it. :D

Quote:
    It would be a good ideal to bring and use the gun that you plan on using for carry, the shooter needs to get use to the recoil of that gun, taking the course with a 22 or a gun you do not intend to carry would be a loss for the student! :D

Quote:
    I wanted to ad to this that if they are novice shooters a 22 is a good gun get get some time in with! and I don't want any one thinking they may not have a great time learning and shooting for self defense, But also bring the gun you plan to carry you will be amazed at what you will accomplish! Hope this helps!! Gary :D

Quote:
    Shorts and Capri's are fine for the training, I also have an EZ up 10 x10 that I will bring and set up, 22 are fine but I don't want any one thinking that is all they can shoot, you will be amazed at what you will accomplish in a short time! I will also bring a couple of 22 and three or four .380's and a couple of 9mm guns that anyone may use as long as they pay for the ammo or pick up some ammo for them!! You want to have comfortable cloths on as you will be doing some moving so tennis shoes would be better than sandals!! Hope this helps, Gary

Quote:
    Oh! and a Belt!! I know allot of women do not wear them but you will need on on that day!

Quote:
    That absolutely works for me!! 22's are best for new shooters it don't give a big report or a recoil! Glad your bringing her along! A gun is just a tool in the tool box, it's people that make them scary. :D

Quote:
    No, all are welcome, we can rotate groups to the line, I do this all the time! so size of the class in not a problem! :D

Quote:
    I need to know the location also so I can see how long it will take me to get there, but I'm guessing 9 am to start, and depending on the size of the class any place from 3 to 5 pm to stop with time off for lunch, It will be allot of fun and a great learning experience!! You need a OWB holster, and a belt! at least two mags three is much better, and it is also better to have a mag pouch for the two extra mags, I don't care where you carry your gun CC or OC but for the safety of the class an outside the waist ban and a good leather holster can't be beat! :D

Quote:
    No! we can accommodate as many as would like to take the class!! :D

I understand that there will be varying degrees of skill when we get a group of people together, so Everyone needs to remember to bring a chair, we will be doing a shortened basic pistol class so when we start live fire we will all be on the same skill level!! Hope this helps, H&K

I went back and quoted all the answers to the questions that have been asked so all the class information is in one spot, and If Beth will copy it to the first post everyone should be able to find it! Thank you, Gary :D

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Just to let anyone know that might be intrested in the training, there will be no charge for the training! as in free!! :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Bring our own ammo and firearms, I presume?

What levels of training? More specifically, anything beyond the basic first training newbs get?

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    My daughter, daughter-n-law and myself would be interested in this training. We've been talking about trying to get the three of us together for a girls day out. Two of us are in South Central IN and the other is in NWI. Or if you would happen to do one further south. I have land also half way between Indy and Louisville and would be willing to host a training too.

How far North are you looking for land? And which direction East of West?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Bring our own ammo and firearms, I presume?

What levels of training? More specifically, anything beyond the basic first training newbs get?

Yes you will need a gun, holster, and a minimum of 300 rounds for your gun 500 is much better, and the training will include close quarters self defense shooting.

H&K

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Would love to do one of these in southern Indiana!! Ive got the land and lady friends!

I think what Beth was trying to look for is a place we could shoot closer to me, I am Just North of the IN & MI line about 10 miles into MI, Any place around Indy would be fine with me that is only 2 1/2 to 3 hours for me to travel, as opposed to Eville is about 7 1/2 hours away from me! Hope this helps, :D H&K

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    My daughter, daughter-n-law and myself would be interested in this training. We've been talking about trying to get the three of us together for a girls day out. Two of us are in South Central IN and the other is in NWI. Or if you would happen to do one further south. I have land also half way between Indy and Louisville and would be willing to host a training too.

How far North are you looking for land? And which direction East of West?

Central IN would be fine for me Beth was just looking to make it as close as possible to where I live! :D

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Central IN would be fine for me Beth was just looking to make it as close as possible to where I live! :D

this is correct as he will be down in April for that 7 hour drive. Was thinking we could do a little carpool/convoy up north for a girls weekend. As he mentioned before the training will be free of charge. I would be more happy if we could find some land to train at rather than a range but whatever works.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Would the Izaak Walton League be a possibility? I shoot there but I really don't know anyone who runs the place.

An open range is really not the place to be for this training, we will be shooting at close ranges out to about 21 feet, and will be shooting at angles also! so farmland with a woods backdrop or old gravel pit open fields would best fit the needs! Thank you for asking Jack! :D H&K

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    For those of you that do not know me I will list my qualifications as a Firearms Instructor, Just because the training is free does not meen it is valueless, I believe in the training and it will be invaluable if you ever are in a deadly encounter.

21 years in Law Enforcement, 14 years as a training officer and Firearms Instructor, I also teach Michigan's CCW class and since the year 2000 have taught a little over 4000 people the required course to receive the MI CCW permit.

The following are the Instructor Certifications I hold!

NRA Police, pistol, shotgun & Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the home, Michigan State Police, Patrol Rifle, Pistol & shotgun, Ohio Law Enforcement Training Center, Tactical Pistol, Tactical Shotgun, Law, Liability & policy writing. Glock Armorer, Oakland County Police academy, Police pistol Instructor, Taser International, Taser Instructor. Michigan State Police Chemical munitions Instructor.

Thank you I hope this helps, H&K

Last edited:

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    I think what Beth was trying to look for is a place we could shoot closer to me, I am Just North of the IN & MI line about 10 miles into MI, Any place around Indy would be fine with me that is only 2 1/2 to 3 hours for me to travel, as opposed to Eville is about 7 1/2 hours away from me! Hope this helps, :D H&K

Im about a hour south of Indy in Owen county. Still a long drive for you though.

Top Bottom