• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Hahah! is your question answered? this thread is great!

I guess so!

There was a certain someone who once wanted to DQ me even though I hadn't broken any rules. (and have video proof of it, but that wouldn't have been admissible anyway). That person had no doubt in his mind about what he thought he saw. Fortunately, that person didn't have the authority to do so. If he had, I probably wouldn't have particularly pleased with the BS call either. Especially not at a major.

Without that video proof, that person probably would have sworn for years that I was in the wrong and was the big jerk if I'd argued otherwise.

That's just how it goes and how major failures to communicate happen.

In any case, this thread was supposed to be about a good resource for getting better at shooting.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Well, that was refreshing!

Let's review. In the current vernacular, here are my "take-aways":
    • We now have a better idea of why the individual who recently joined us has a reputation that goes beyond shooting ability. This includes both information regarding historical events as well as demeanor on display in this topic.
    • Coach has many endearing qualities, but in my years of experience lying is not among them. Others may judge as they will.
    • While this was an interesting distraction, I don't see much benefit from the outcome, nor do I see the value in having summoned the new participant. The individual who did so may disagree.
    • At least one person in this topic does not understand the meaning of the phrase "jump the shark."

rhino out!

PS I'm adopting an adaptation (see what I did there?) of the classically annoying "Seacrest out!" signoff.

:yesway::+1:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I guess so!

There was a certain someone who once wanted to DQ me even though I hadn't broken any rules. (and have video proof of it, but that wouldn't have been admissible anyway). That person had no doubt in his mind about what he thought he saw. Fortunately, that person didn't have the authority to do so. If he had, I probably wouldn't have particularly pleased with the BS call either. Especially not at a major.

Without that video proof, that person probably would have sworn for years that I was in the wrong and was the big jerk if I'd argued otherwise.

That's just how it goes and how major failures to communicate happen.

In any case, this thread was supposed to be about a good resource for getting better at shooting.

In your case I was not the RO or match staff. I said you were lucky, then you showed me the video and I said I was wrong. Which is not one of my favorite things to do, but I will do it occasionally.

In the Warsaw case there was physical evidence that confirmed what I saw. Any video from any source that could be produced at this point would be doubted by someone.

I wanted to do the DQ then and decided not to do so for a number of reasons. I stand by my reasons and what I saw. Just tried to answer your question and I should have probably just said because and left it at that.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I don't know Ben from Adam. As I have mentioned here and on another forum where he is battling TLG, I have immensely enjoyed and learned a lot from his books. That being said, it is probably a good thing it is the off season or he wouldn't have the time to make it all of the forums that people are calling him out on.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I don't know Ben from Adam. As I have mentioned here and on another forum where he is battling TLG, I have immensely enjoyed and learned a lot from his books. That being said, it is probably a good thing it is the off season or he wouldn't have the time to make it all of the forums that people are calling him out on.

Who is Adam? and what is TLG?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

Which is strange having seen Ben recommend Todd's classes on a number of occasions. The hostility didn't seem to be mutual. Calling the guy a terrorist seemed a bit overboard.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I don't know Ben Stoeger and I am new to USPSA so I probably shouldn't interrupt when the adults are talking.

However, I have taken two classes with Coach. He was professional, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful in class.

Beyond that, my only input is that videos in general can be a good supplement to your training.

Top Bottom