• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I don't have the Reveal. I did acquire 5 new camera this year. 4 Spypoints and 1 Muddy. Both are adequate but don't have a lot of pixels. What I would recommend, regardless of which camera you pick, is to get one with cellular coverage.

It's a whole lot better to get pics on your phone or iPad than to have to go out to the cameras and pull the card to see what's on it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I don't have the Reveal. I did acquire 5 new camera this year. 4 Spypoints and 1 Muddy. Both are adequate but don't have a lot of pixels. What I would recommend, regardless of which camera you pick, is to get one with cellular coverage.

It's a whole lot better to get pics on your phone or iPad than to have to go out to the cameras and pull the card to see what's on it.

I was a muddy/stealth cam dealer for a bit. I was to ashamed of them to sell them to my customers. 20 personal cameras to test.

9 didn't work out of the box.

8.5 total hours on hold theying to get them fixed (and that's on the dealer line, not customer line)

No way I was going to put my customers through that, I literally threw them in the trash including the working ones, and called it a real expensive lesson. I knew if I sold the 9 working cameras for 20 bucks, they would quit working, no customer support from GSM, and someone would expect me to make it right, so I skipped the middle man.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Yes ^^^, retrieving the card and then scrolling thru 200 rabbit and squirrel videos to get to the deer or other preferred images gets old. Also noticed that rechargeable AA batteries don't last long when temps get too far below freezing, tends to significantly shorten the run time. Got only 4-5 days out of um when temps were single digits here recently. Just FYI.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yes ^^^, retrieving the card and then scrolling thru 200 rabbit and squirrel videos to get to the deer or other preferred images gets old. Also noticed that rechargeable AA batteries don't last long when temps get too far below freezing, tends to significantly shorten the run time. Got only 4-5 days out of um when temps were single digits here recently. Just FYI.

Cold weather is when a solar panel really comes into play. I put 5 cameras on solar this year in July. They are still on the same set of AA batteries, and @ 100% life.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Cold weather is when a solar panel really comes into play. I put 5 cameras on solar this year in July. They are still on the same set of AA batteries, and @ 100% life.
    Solar is really nice if your camera location is open enough for it to get regular sunlight. Unfortunately most of my cameras are in places that only get much sunlight when the leaves are all off.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Solar is really nice if your camera location is open enough for it to get regular sunlight. Unfortunately most of my cameras are in places that only get much sunlight when the leaves are all off.

Cold weather is when the solar really pays off, and we don't get many sub 10 dehree days while leaves are on.

A couple of my panels are in kansas, and the closest shade is 1 mile away, so a panel will run them all year without issue

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I was a muddy/stealth cam dealer for a bit. I was to ashamed of them to sell them to my customers. 20 personal cameras to test.

9 didn't work out of the box.

8.5 total hours on hold theying to get them fixed (and that's on the dealer line, not customer line)

No way I was going to put my customers through that, I literally threw them in the trash including the working ones, and called it a real expensive lesson. I knew if I sold the 9 working cameras for 20 bucks, they would quit working, no customer support from GSM, and someone would expect me to make it right, so I skipped the middle man.

I guess time will tell re: the Muddy cameras. I got mine on sale a week ago at Tractor Supply for $60. The Spypoint cams only give me 100 pics a month unless I pay a monthly fee.

The Muddy gives me 250 a month before they start charging. So far I've not experienced a problem. In the week I had the Muddy hanging on a tree I've not experienced a problem.

As a side not while flipping through Youtube pages I did find one about how to configure the sym cards. I didn't watch it so I comment on whether the information is beneficial.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Cold weather is when the solar really pays off, and we don't get many sub 10 dehree days while leaves are on.

A couple of my panels are in kansas, and the closest shade is 1 mile away, so a panel will run them all year without issue
    Not for me, normally the batteries in my Cuddelinks plus a power bank is enough to run them October through mid-January, even with some really cold days in the mix. Where the solar panels would be most useful to me is from late May through the end of September when my batteries can almost but quite make the full length of time. Most of my cameras are in areas where openings are the exception not the rule.

Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    Yes, running 3, 2 originals and one X model that have been out over 16 months. All connected to Herd360 solar panels. 1000's of pictures and only replace 1 set of batteries.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I run Wildgame Innovations cameras and have been very pleased with the results. Even though I take 15 second videos at medium resolution instead of stills I get 2 months plus battery life.

Top Bottom