Traffic stop, officer confiscated my firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvonpaul

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'd consider myself lucky that I didn't get an OUI (as opposed to DWI). To my knowledge, in Indiana, more than .05 on a field breathalyzer can get you an OUI if the officer has reason to suspect you are impaired.
    Edit> Wow didn't realize this was 45 pages long. I'm sure someone has already made this point somewhere...

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I'd consider myself lucky that I didn't get an OUI (as opposed to DWI). To my knowledge, in Indiana, more than .05 on a field breathalyzer can get you an OUI if the officer has reason to suspect you are impaired.
    Edit> Wow didn't realize this was 45 pages long. I'm sure someone has already made this point somewhere...

Got someone last week for .06% BAC. If you have reason to detain him and give him/her a field sobriety test, you will have to read them their "implied consent" prior to data master test.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

a PBT can't GET you anything other than screwed, it can only GIVE LE more PC to haul you in for a chemical test. Same for a SFST. PBT's and a SFST are not covered under implied consent.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    a PBT can't GET you anything other than screwed, it can only GIVE LE more PC to haul you in for a chemical test. Same for a SFST. PBT's and a SFST are not covered under implied consent.

No they are not covered. However it gives an officer enough PC to give implied consent. In the case of a person who refuses the datamaster test along with implied consent, the SFST is enough PC to arrest a person for DUI. Everyone understands it when they get their license to drive.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    No they are not covered. However it gives an officer enough PC to give implied consent. In the case of a person who refuses the datamaster test along with implied consent, the SFST is enough PC to arrest a person for DUI. Everyone understands it when they get their license to drive.

what they don't understand is that they can refuse a SFST and a PBT and that is not a violation of implied consent

edit: depending on their age...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    i skipped a few pages.

So this cat. Drinks "a few beers" while fishing. Gets in his car with his 15 year old kid.
    Decides just for the "hell of it "(guessing he knew he had too many) to let his son drive the "last mile home" gets pulled over and gets a breath test that shows he is clearly intoxicated (to some degree). he is removed from the car, disarmed, and cuffed. The cop tells him hes a bad dad and tries to upset him and his son b/c of his stupid actions.

The cat gets to go home, and pick up his guns a week later and only gets a small ticket. and he wants to cause grief for the cop who let him off waaaay easy?

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    i skipped a few pages.

So this cat. Drinks "a few beers" while fishing. Gets in his car with his 15 year old kid.
    Decides just for the "hell of it "(guessing he knew he had too many) to let his son drive the "last mile home" gets pulled over and gets a breath test that shows he is clearly intoxicated (to some degree). he is removed from the car, disarmed, and cuffed. The cop tells him hes a bad dad and tries to upset him and his son b/c of his stupid actions.

The cat gets to go home, and pick up his guns a week later and only gets a small ticket. and he wants to cause grief for the cop who let him off waaaay easy?

I'm not going after the cop, and I'm not in jail...... I'll update you when it is time.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Not that this matters in this case, but be aware that state laws vary. If you ever travel to Michigan, for example, .02 will get you arrested if you have a firearm, not the typical .08 for driving.

I don't even know what it takes to have a .02, one glass of wine?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Not that this matters in this case, but be aware that state laws vary. If you ever travel to Michigan, for example, .02 will get you arrested if you have a firearm, not the typical .08 for driving.

I don't even know what it takes to have a .02, one glass of wine?

Don't go to catholic mass

Top Bottom