• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    As some have you have read in a separate thread, my son has gone to great lengths to hide the birth of our grandchild, even to the point of changing his last name to that of his wife's family.
    We have tried contacting the state, but they claim we need to know the exact birth date and exact name.
    Since our son and his new family refuse to reply back to our requests, we can't get that information. All we want to know is a birthday and name.
    Any clues on how we can legally get that information? We have been told grandparents have no rights in Indiana.
    We think the child was born around August 20th at a hospital near Westfield.
    Thanks.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    As some have you have read in a separate thread, my son has gone to great lengths to hide the birth of our grandchild, even to the point of changing his last name to that of his wife's family.
    We have tried contacting the state, but they claim we need to know the exact birth date and exact name.
    Since our son and his new family refuse to reply back to our requests, we can't get that information. All we want to know is a birthday and name.
    Any clues on how we can legally get that information? We have been told grandparents have no rights in Indiana.
    We think the child was born around August 20th at a hospital near Westfield.
    Thanks.

If they have a FB presence, you might search with the names you have. Know any of his friends? They might be "friended" to his social media accounts.

BTW, why do you need a grandchild's birth cert?

PM me with the info if you wish. I've done a lot of genealogy. Over 15,000 names in my current tree...

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So I've been involved in a few of these deals. Kids don't cut off their parents and block access to grandkids and parents don't cut kids out of wills without somebody being plenty P.O'd at somebody else. The best and possibly only route for OP to have access to his grandkids is to do everything possible to try and make peace between the grown-ups. And don't do anything that throws more gasoline on the fire.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Good luck. As you have discovered, grand parents have no rights. You would be better off to hire a PI over a lawyer.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Kids don't cut off their parents and block access to grandkids and parents don't cut kids out of wills without somebody being plenty P.O'd at somebody else. The best and possibly only route for OP to have access to his grandkids is to do everything possible to try and make peace between the grown-ups. And don't do anything that throws more gasoline on the fire.

This is what I am thinking. I have seen kids that hide kids from their grandparents. A lot of time to "extort" money out of the grandparents.

If you have time and want to dig, Like David980 said, try to find them on facebook. A lot of people are into that. Or if you have ideas on the names, don't they post births/deaths in the local newspapers?? Just an idea.

Top Bottom