• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Those in the military and those that have extensive medical training know TQs save lives. But many others don't. TQs can be used by anybody, there is no "medical training" required. You can learn to use one from a youtube video (even though I would recommend hands-on training). And there is very little chance of doing more damage than already present; in my training we were instructed "when in doubt, use it".

Watch this video of Las Vegas PD ventilate a suspect that pulled a gun on them, was bleeding very heavily, and subsequently saved his life by applying a TQ.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/tourniquet-save-video-william-chafoya/

For the average person they will likely never be in this situation but you could just as easily need a TQ if you're involved in an automotive accident, or happen upon one. Commercial TQs are MUCH faster, even though this guy fumbled his (practice makes perfect), had he been trying to fashion one from a stick and t-shirt etc this guy likely would have died. I keep one in every vehicle, it's cheap insurance. Oh, and one last thing, if you fumble it like the guy in the video, and you have the luxury of a 2nd TQ, get the first one on best you can and tightened down, then place a 2nd. The LEO in the video put it on backwards so the windlass was against the suspects leg, all he had to do was twist it so the windlass was out. Seconds count when bleeding that profusely.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom