• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Went to Pops and were the first ones there. We got on lane 6, first time for me at Pops. My uncle just got his license and will buying a new pistol soon. My son came along also. Really impressed with my uncle's shooting ability, new shooters are so much fun and easy to teach. We all shared the first target and when we were done with there was very little black left and only 2 stray holes in the white. That was done at 15 ft. We backed it up to 25 and still fairly consistent in the black with a few more strays. Backed another clean target to the 50 ft and let my son shoot his 22 Rosi single shot, 10 rds all in the black. I am a proud papa :D. I shot the M9 one handed at 50 and forgot to adjust my site picture and had a real nice group at 6'oclock half of it was black. Had a BLAST, we were there for a couple of hours and shot about 300 rounds 9mm, .40, .22

My uncle said he signed up on INGO but couldn't remember his user name. I will have to get that from him.

Last edited:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    good on you, marine. we all need to make it a point to facilitate a positive first shooting trip for others. and a family outing? priceless.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Awesome! Sounds like everyone had a good time.

(I think you mean feet and not yards, as I believe Pops only goes out 50 feet)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Awesome! Sounds like everyone had a good time.

(I think you mean feet and not yards, as I believe Pops only goes out 50 feet)

Yea your right....sorry thats the Military thinking I just can't get rid of. I thought that group at the 50 was better then normal. :D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    :+1: Getting new shooters to the range is an investment in our futures. I hope see more of these postings.
    I found this link Taking Newbies to the Range and think maybe if we had a thread where we kept track of how many new people we bring to the range it might encourage others to get involved? What do you think? We could have followup like not only did they go shooting, they bought a gun, or joined a pro gun group (NRA, GOA, or such). Just a thought.

A good guide for taking someone new to the range. http://www.corneredcat.com/Teaching/newshooter.aspx

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Update, My uncle bought him a new gun today.:)

He started with a Kel-tec .380 I have not seen it yet so I don't know the model and I don't know much about Kel-tec's. We are going to range again Saturday. I am going to bring another newbie along also.

Top Bottom