city_of_tombstone_gun_ordinance-385x600.jpg

This .. I guess the movie is based on a true story.. Never knew :/

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    One of my favorite movies! My issue was with the Double Barreled shotgun that Doc Holliday had and he fired three shots in the OK Corral shootout without reloading! I hate Hollywood faking it for effects!!

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I actually went to Tombstone ~2 years ago when I was in Tucson! Bit of a Tourist trap, but a brilliant excursion! Boot Hill was pretty cool and the Bird Cage Theatre was exactly as it was left, with the original Hearse/Carriage inside! They were even selling Brothel Tokens in the Bird Cage Theatre, but I am thinking they were not originals...... Quite a trip!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My Dad loves that movie. He's always talking about how he likes the guns they use. To be honest, I've never seen the movie.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    "I'm not saying you can't own a gun. I'm not saying you can't carry a gun. All I'm saying is you can't carry a gun in town."

You must respect Sam Elliot's mustache.

sam-elliotts-mustache.jpeg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We'll call that venture into gun control a failed experiment.

The movie was great and was both inspired by true events and stayed true to many of them, though liberties were taken with the story...as always.

In the end, the answer to the "Cowboys" was not no guns and live and let live. It was hunt them down and take them out. Something to think about.

Val Kilmer- stunning as Doc Holiday
    Sam Elliot- great as always
    Kurt Russell- I had my doubts when I heard, but he was fantastic
    Bill Paxton- good 'nuff
    Powers Boothe- personally, I think he's vastly underrated....and he was in Red Dawn, so...
    Stephen Lang- possibly more underrated that Boothe

Other supporting cast members like Jason Priestley, John Corbett and Billy Bob Thornton. A Cameo by Charleton Heston.

I still have a thing for Dana Delaney.

One of my favorite lines....and I have used it: "You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"

[video=youtube;26kXGVolzLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26kXGVolzLQ[/video]

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    We'll call that venture into gun control a failed experiment.

The movie was great and was both inspired by true events and stayed true to many of them, though liberties were taken with the story...as always.

In the end, the answer to the "Cowboys" was not no guns and live and let live. It was hunt them down and take them out. Something to think about.

Val Kilmer- stunning as Doc Holiday
    Sam Elliot- great as always
    Kurt Russell- I had my doubts when I heard, but he was fantastic
    Bill Paxton- good 'nuff
    Powers Boothe- personally, I think he's vastly underrated....and he was in Red Dawn, so...
    Stephen Lang- possibly more underrated that Boothe

Other supporting cast members like Jason Priestley, John Corbett and Billy Bob Thornton. A Cameo by Charleton Heston.

I still have a thing for Dana Delaney.

One of my favorite lines....and I have used it: "You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"

[video=youtube;26kXGVolzLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26kXGVolzLQ[/video]
    So many great quotes in this movie! I had my doubts with Mr. Russel also. But it ranks as one of my top 5 movies!!

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Many great scenes in the movie including Kilmer's wink to start the OK gunfight, Kilmer's killing of Johnny Ringo, Russell's crossing of the stream while shooting and shooting the guy and his speech at the train station, the death of Kilmer, Russell's look of lust for Delaney, the scene riding horses chasing down the bad guys and so on and so on. I overlooked a few things because it was just such a great movie where the good guys were not perfect, but triumphed over the bad guys. I have watched it many times and the movie Wyatt Earp with Costner only once even though it is not that bad of a movie on its own.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm a little ashamed to admit that it took several watchings of the movie before I picked up on Jason Priestley's character's (Billy) infatuation with Billy Zane's (Mr. Fabian).

Top Bottom