• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've got a Turkish bullpup. Mine doesn't come with a heavy and a light buffer.
    When I took mine "out of the box" as an initial test, buck functioned 100%...only 35-40 shells...
    Cheap target loads would fire and eject 100% but it wouldn't pick up the next round intermittently.

After cleaning, oiling, and well....as suggested by a lot of bullpup chatter, I left the bolt locked open until the next time I was able to try again...

Next outing was 100% functionality with cheap Winchester target loads on up...

Mine is the Landor Arms gen3 which has very little info out there, bad customer service reported, very mixed reviews of what little is out there...but I love mine!

Lots of people claim leaving the action locked open will speed up the "break in" process.. I don't know, I seem to have gotten one that worked pretty well initially and didn't take much to make me trust it.

Mine came with a case exactly like the one in your pic with extra chokes (Mobil) and a choke wrench. In fact your pic looks very similar to my Landor Arms pup. View attachment 317346

Yours does look surprisingly similar to my Tokarev! I like the idea of locking the action open so I’m heading to the gun safe right now to do just that!

Matt

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    You'll have to report back and let us know if you notice a difference after leaving your slide locked open. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be interested to find out.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    You'll have to report back and let us know if you notice a difference after leaving your slide locked open. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be interested to find out.
    While the optimist in me hopes for a great improvement by locking back the slide, my experience with metals and springs tells me it won’t change a thing, much like storing magazines full versus empty. A quality made spring just doesn’t relax or weaken over time when compressed somewhere less that it’s yield point. But, this was only a $200 shotgun so who knows how much quality steel this spring was made from!
    I will try to continue to update this thread with reports on performance and whether it ever starts cycling properly on the cheap Winchester ammo.

Matt

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    A quality made spring just doesn’t relax or weaken over time when compressed somewhere less that it’s yield point. But, this was only a $200 shotgun so who knows how much quality steel this spring was made from!
    That's exactly what I was thinking and wondering about. I wouldn't use it as a universal truth, but everybody buys a turk gun at some point and it might come it handy haha.

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    Palmetto had these on sale. I resisted buying one for a couple weeks but finally gave in. I took it out today to try it out. I didn’t think to take a variety of ammo, just a box of Winchester white box 2 3/4” 1 1/8 3dram. I ran 20 rounds through it but not a single one fully cycled the action. Every round failed to eject. I brought it home and fully disassembled it. Everything was very clean and smooth. It seemed to have a small bit of lube. I went ahead and cleaned and relubed everything and reassembled. Feels the same to me as before.
    I would think ammo shouldn’t matter that much as I’ve used this same ammo in my Beretta A300 and A400.

Any ideas?
    Thanks, Matt
    View attachment 313310
    hate to say it but you really can't expect any shotgun that even looks like it was made in Turkey to work properly/be at all pleasant to shoot

Top Bottom